Galen is a graduate of Mountain High School in West Orange, New Jersey and Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio. He served in both the New Jersey National Guard and the Ohio National Guard. He and his wife, Susan, have one son named Reed.
In 2013, Galen was a signatory to an amicus curiae brief submitted to the Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage during the Hollingsworth v. Perry case. His son Reed, director of scheduling for the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential campaign, also signed the brief.
- Galen, Rich. "Where Were You When...", Townhall.com. Accessed October 30, 2014. "Here's my story. I was a senior at West Orange Mountain High School in West Orange, New Jersey."
- Rich Galen profile provided by NNDB
- Rich Galen biography provided by MS&L
- Rich Galen biography provided by the Ashbrook Center
- MULLINGS.COM An American Cyber-Column by Rich Galen
|This biographical article related to politics in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|