Rich Newey (born April 23, 1975) in the Coachella Valley, is a director/writer and editor currently residing in Los Angeles. He has directed music videos for such artists as Three 6 Mafia, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Sean Paul, Nate Dogg, Flipsyde, Nappy Roots, and Christina Aguilera among others. In 2007 he directed his first feature length film I Tried. He also has numerous Television Commercials to his credit for clients such as Midway Games, Procter & Gamble, and Bally Total Fitness. He is currently represented at Draw Pictures for Music Videos and Durable Goods for Commercials. Station3 (Los Angeles) and The Gersh Agency rep him for Film/TV. His 1st released venture away from music videos was a political satire short, titled Global, Inc. which was originally released in Canada.
In 2009 he directed a short film entitled, Breathe which was selected and screened at the Hollywood Film Festival and the Miami Short Film Festival among others. In 2011, Rich wrote and directed the short film, Blue Highway which has screened at numerous festivals including Temecula Valley International Film Festival where it was named runner up in the shorts category. After reviewing the short, Matt Barry of Roguecinema said, "The film is an emotional exploration of two characters, mixing an honest and compelling tale combined with the final narrative irony of an O. Henry short story."
- Money-B, ft. Clee & Numskull - "Putcha thang on me"
- Don Cisco ft. Kurupt & Roscoe - "Oh boy!"
- Nappy Roots, ft. Anthony Hamilton - "Po'folks"
- Ke'Noe, ft. B.G. - "Hatin' on me"
- Nappy Roots - "Headz Up"
- Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, feat Phil Collins - "Home"
- Mystic (singer) ft. Donell Jones - “Breathe”
- Westside Connection ft. Knoc-turn'al - “Lights Out”
- Mark Ronson, ft. Ghostface & Nate Dogg - "Ooh Wee"
- Christina Aguilera ft. Missy Elliott - "Car Wash
- Instruction - "I'm Dead
- Kray Twinz, ft. Twista, Lethal B, & Gappy Ranx - "What We Do"
- Flipsyde - "Spun"
- Flipsyde, ft. t.A.T.u. - "Happy Birthday" - Original Version
- Hunterz - " Do That Dance (Screw the Light Bulb)"
- Scissors For Lefty - “Ghetto Ways” - Unreleased
- Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, ft. Akon - "I Tried"
- Yung Ralph - "Look Like Money"
- Sean Paul - "Watch Dem Roll"
- Rocko - "Umma Do Me"
- Michael Sun - "Number One"
- The Bangz - "Boyz With Tattoos"
- Serani - "She Loves Me"
- Three 6 Mafia ft. Sean Kingston, Tiesto, & Flo Rida - "Feel It"
- Rich Boy - "Top Of The World"
- The Bangz - "First Girl On The Moon"
- Kids Count - Anti Smoking PSA - “The Break Up”
- Kids Count - Anti Smoking PSA - "Skate Or Die"
- Kids Count - Anti Smoking PSA - “Numbers”
- Midway Games - LA Rush - “Thread The Needle”
- DeVry University - “On Your Way” (Campaign)
- Procter & Gamble - "Declaration"
- Adidas - "Brotherhood" (Internet - Tracy McGrady segment)
- Bally Total Fitness - "New. Better. Bally." (Campaign)
- Bally Total Fitness ROUND 2 - "New. Better. Bally." (Campaign)