Richard A. Fletcher
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Richard A. Fletcher (28 March 1944 – 28 February 2005) was a historian who specialized in the medieval period. He was Professor of History at the University of York and one of the outstanding talents in English and Spanish medieval scholarship.
Select bibliography of Fletcher's publications
- The Quest for El Cid. 1991.
- Moorish Spain. 1992.
- The Barbarian Conversion: From Paganism to Christianity Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1999.
- Bloodfeud: Murder and Revenge in Anglo-Saxon England. Penguin. 2002. ISBN 0-14-028692-6.
- Christian-Muslim Understanding in the Later Middle Ages. 2003.
- The Cross and The Crescent: The Dramatic Story of the Earliest Encounters Between Christians and Muslims. 2005.
- Geoffrey Wheatcroft, "Richard Fletcher Historian fascinated by medieval Spain", The Guardian, 18 March 2005.