Richard Arnold (presenter)
24 November 1969 |
|Occupation||Television presenter, journalist|
Richard Arnold (born 24 November 1969) is a British television presenter, currently working as a Freelance journalist.
Arnold was born in Hampshire, grew up in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, and attended University of Edinburgh, gaining an MA in English Language and Literature. He then studied journalism at City University London, an then worked for Inside Soap magazine until 1995.
Arnold's first television work was on The Sunday Show for the BBC. In 1997 he became the TV critic for GMTV, returning for a longer period in 2000. From 2000-2010, Arnold appeared daily on GMTV, on GMTV Today and LK Today.
He has appeared on a celebrity version of Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old? on Sky 1. He has also been on The Paul O'Grady Show, Stars in Their Eyes and Stephen Mulhern's ITV celebrity hijacking show Anonymous.
In 2010 Richard, alongside Kate Garraway took part in Let's Dance for Comic Relief, and advanced to the final of 2010's Let's Dance for Comic Relief, In 2011, he returned to Let's Dance for Sport Relief, once again and was partnered with Penny Smith, and performed Toxic by Britney Spears.
71 Degrees North
Arnold took part in the second series of 71 Degrees North in 2011, coming fifth place.
Strictly Come Dancing
Arnold was partnered with Erin Boag after being confirmed as an act for the 2012 series of Strictly Come Dancing. The couple were eliminated in week 7, having previously survived two "dance-offs" against other competitors.
|Week #||Dance/Song||Judges' scores||Result|
|Craig Revel Horwood||Darcey Bussell||Len Goodman||Bruno Tonioli||Total|
|1||Waltz / "You Don't Bring Me Flowers"||5||5||7||5||22||Safe|
|2||Cha-Cha-Cha / "Love Shack"||3||6||5||5||19||Bottom two|
|3||Quickstep / "9 to 5"||6||7||6||6||25||Safe|
|4||Paso Doble / "O Fortuna"||5||5||7||5||22||Safe|
|5||Foxtrot / "Big Spender"||3||5||5||4||17||Bottom two|
|6||Charleston / "Pencil Full of Lead"||7||8||7||7||29||Safe|
|7||Salsa / "Club Tropicana"||5||6||7||6||24||Eliminated|
He has also acted as a presenter on LBC Radio, hosting the show Saturday Night Live.
Away from the screen, Richard writes a weekly column for Hello magazine and Woman's Own magazine. He is also a regular guest columnist for The People and The Sun newspapers and has been an established print journalist for nearly 20 years, beginning his career as a member of the launch team of moderately successful Inside Soap magazine before leaving in 1995 to freelance career. He has regularly contributed to numerous titles, including the Daily Express and Daily Mail newspapers, plus the Closer and TV Choice magazines.
- "More about Richard Arnold", LBC, retrieved 2011-05-21
- "Carla Romano and Richard Arnold are latest stars to leave GMTV", Daily Record, 20 July 2010, retrieved 2011-05-21
- Rich Arnold is back as Daybreak's new showbiz editor The Sun, 12 May 2012
- "Kate Garraway and Richard Arnold jive their way through to the final in week two of Let's Dance For Sport Relief". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Richard Arnold out as Strictly steps up pressure on X Factor", The Scotsman, 19 November 2012. Accessed 19 November 2012
- "Richard Arnold's Secrets of the Small Screen (Hello)". jackiecollins.com. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Woman's Own columnist Richard Arnold's backstage gossip". jackiecollins.com. Retrieved 20 November 2012.