Beadon was born at Pinkworthy in Devon, son of the Rev. Robert Beadon, Rector of Oakford. He was educated at Blundell's School and admitted to St John's College, Cambridge in 1754. He was eighth Wrangler and Senior Chancellor's Medallist in 1758.
He married Rachel, granddaughter of Bishop Gooch, of Ely, and had one son, Richard.
It is said he was admirable both as Master and Vice-Chancellor, and a very handsome man. His portrait survives in the College.
- Fellow and Tutor of St. John's
- Archdeacon of London, 1775–1789
- Master of Jesus College, 1781–1789
- Tutor to Prince Frederick William, afterwards Duke of Gloucester
- Bishop of Gloucester, 1789–1802
- Bishop of Bath and Wells, 1802–1824
- "Beadon, Richard (BDN754R)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Gloucester
George Isaac Huntingford
|Bishop of Bath and Wells
George Henry Law