Richard C. Starr
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Richard Cawthorn Starr)
Richard Cawthorn Starr (August 24, 1924 – February 3, 1998) was an American phycologist.
Richard C. Starr was the recipient of the Gilbert Morgan Smith Medal in 1985.
Taxa named in honor of Richard C. Starr
- Starria gen. nov. (Cyanophyta, described by N. J. Lang. J. Phycol. 13(1977):288-96.
- Chlorococcum starrii sp. nov. (Chlorophyta, described by F. R. Trainor and P. A. Verses. Phycology 6(1967):237-39.
- Cystomonas starrii, transferred by H. Ettl and G. Gartner. Nova Hedwigia 44(1987):509-17.
- Starr, R.C., Marner, F.J. and Jaenicke, L. (1995). Chemoattraction of male gametes by a pheromone produced by female gametes of chlamydomonas. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 92, 641-645.
- Richard C. Starr at the National Academies Press
- Memorial to Richard C. Starr at the University of Texas at Austin
|This article about an American botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|