||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2013)|
|The Rt Revd
PhD MA(Oxon) PGCE
|Bishop of Kingston-upon-Thames|
|Diocese||Diocese of Southwark|
|Installed||27 October 2002|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of St Albans (1999–2002)|
|Ordination||1987 (deacon); 1988 (priest)|
|Consecration||17 October 2002|
|Born||18 August 1955|
|Children||1 son; 1 daughter|
|Profession||formerly investment analyst; teacher|
|Alma mater||Corpus Christi College, Oxford|
Richard Ian Cheetham (born 18 August 1955) is the current Anglican Area Bishop of Kingston-upon-Thames. He was educated at Kingston Grammar School and Corpus Christi College, Oxford. After five years as a science teacher and two as an investment analyst he was ordained in 1987. He began his career as curate at Holy Cross, Fenham, Newcastle upon Tyne and from 1990 until 1999 he was vicar of St Augustine of Canterbury's Church, Luton and additionally (from 1995) Rural Dean of the area. From 1999 to 2002 he was Archdeacon of St Albans.
In 1999 Bishop Richard completed his PhD as an external student of King's College London. His thesis was entitled, 'The nature and status of religious belief in contemporary Britain (with particular reference to the concept of 'truth') as reflected by acts of collective worship in a sample of Luton schools since the 1988 Education Reform Act'. A book, Collective Worship: issues and opportunities, followed in 2004. He became an Honorary Research Fellow of King's College London in 2011. Bishop Richard is also a keen sportsman.
Bishop Richard Cheetham is Chair of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education, Anglican President of the Christian Muslim Forum, Patron of the Fircroft Trust, the Curriculum for Cohesion and Kingston Bereavement Service. Until 2012 he was a member of the Roehampton University Council. He is President of the YMCA London South West who have a large multi-function building in Surbiton  and became Chair of the British Regional Committee of St. George's College, Jerusalem, in May 2013.
- Richard Cheetham (1953–1987)
- The Revd Richard Cheetham (1987–February 1999)
- The Ven Richard Cheetham (February–October 1999)
- The Ven Dr Richard Cheetham (October 1999 – 2002)
- The Rt Revd Dr Richard Cheetham (2002–present)
- "Official notification of appointment". Number10.gov.uk. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "Press Release — Consecration & Commissioning". Southwark.anglican.org. 2002-10-15. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "Anglican Communion". Aco.org. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- Who's Who 2008
- Crockford's (2008/2009)
- Debrett's People of Today 2008
- "Co-Chairs and Presidents of the Christian Muslim Forum". Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "The Fircroft Trust". Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "YMCA London South West". Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- Crockford's clerical directory : a directory of the clergy of the Church of England, the Church in Wales, the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Church of Ireland. (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2008/2009. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0. OCLC 505322212.
- Debrett's People of Today 2008. London: Debrett's. 2007. ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9. OCLC 764415351.
- Who's Who 2008. London: A & C Black. 2007. ISBN 0-7136-8555-7. OCLC 154704182.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Kingston-upon-Thames
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|