Corrigan achieved a Michelin Star in 1998 and has been awarded many other culinary accolades, including Outstanding London Chef at the London Restaurant Awards. He the is Chef/Patron of Corrigan's Mayfair, Bentley's Oyster Bar and Grill and Bentley's Sea Grill in Harrods.
Having spent several years in the Netherlands, he was then head chef of Mulligan’s in Mayfair in London. His first Michelin star was awarded to him when he was head chef of Stephen Bull in Fulham in 1994, also in London.
Corrigan went on to open Lindsay House in Soho, London, and won a Michelin star there in 1997. He then bought and refurbished Bentley’s in 2005 and subsequently opened Corrigan’s Mayfair in 2008. The latter restaurant has been awarded London Restaurant of the Year by the Evening Standard and has earned three AA Rosettes. It was also awarded ‘AA London Restaurant of the Year’, and gained one of the highest new entries in the National Restaurant Awards at number five.
Corrigan was crowned winner of the Great British Menu three times. Richard also won the recent Great British Waste Menu special, airing to over 7 million on BBC 1 prime time and which culminated in a dinner at the House of Lords.
- Chef's Race (BBC America)
- Great British Menu (BBC Two)
- Great British Food Revival (BBC Two)
- Full on Food, Saturday Kitchen (BBC One)
- Market Kitchen (UKTV)
- Something for the Weekend (BBC Two)
- The Wright Stuff (Channel 5)
- Corrigan Knows Food (RTÉ)
- The Taste (Channel 4)
- 1999: "The Richard Corrigan Cookbook: From the Waters to the Wild" published by Hodder & Stoughton Ltd
- 2008: "The Clatter of Forks and Spoons: Honest, Happy Food" published by Fourth Estate
- 2011: "Cookery School: Where anyone can learn to cook" published by Penguin Books
- Richard Corrigan's Official Website
- Corrigan's Mayfair
- Bentley's Oyster Bar and Grill
- Great British Menu
- RTE Corrigan Knows Food web page
- Corrigan's biography on bbc.co.uk
|This biographical article about a foodie, restaurateur or gourmand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|