Richard E. Morgan
Richard E. "Dick" Morgan is a conservative author, contributing editor of City Journal, and the William Nelson Cromwell Professor of Government at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine. His areas of academic interest include the history, law and politics of the First Amendment.
Morgan holds an A.B. degree from Bowdoin College (1959) and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from Columbia University. He joined the Bowdoin faculty in 1969 after one year as a Fellow in Law and Government at Harvard Law School. Morgan has served as the chair of Bowdoin's Government Department three times—from 1969-1975, from 1983-85, and from 1992-94.
Authored, Co-Authored or Edited
- The Politics of Religious Conflict
- The Supreme Court and Religion
- Domestic Intelligence: Monitoring Dissent in America
- American Politics: Direction of Change, Dynamics of Choice and People, Power and Politics
- Disabling America: The Rights Industry in Our Time