Richard Evans (British author)
A portrait of Richard Evans at John Rylands Library, Manchester, 2008
|Born||1964 (age 48–49)
From 1980 to 1997, Evans was a guitarist, keyboardist and songwriter in a number of bands, appearing on the following album tracks:
- "The Survivor" - St Vitus Dancers (Bullshit Detector 2, Crass Records - 1982)
- "Are You Ready" - James (Strip-mine, Sire Records - 1988)
He also performed throughout the UK as the keyboardist for Playing At Trains, on their 1987 tour supporting goth-rock act, The Bolshoi.
Kosmonaut Zero is a science fiction story set in 1960s Soviet Union, drawing upon the contemporary myth of the lost cosmonaut as well as early NASA plans to create cyborg astronauts. In 2010, Evans visited Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center in Moscow to research the book. Kosmonaut Zero was released as an ebook in December 2011 by Dead Ink Books and in paperback by Ink Lines in October 2013.
During the writing period for the book, Evans contributed two articles on Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space to the Sky At Night Magazine and directed Gagarin50, an art exhibition held in Manchester in 2011, commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of the first human spaceflight.
- Kosmonaut Zero Ebook version (Dead Ink Books, 2011)
- "Kosmonaut Zero" Paperback version (Ink Lines 2013)
The Sorber & Fox Novels
- Exilium (Figo Books, 2008, ISBN 0-9547521-2-0)
- Robophobia (Figo Books, 2004, ISBN 0-9547521-1-2)
- Machine Nation (Figo Books, 2002, ISBN 0-9547521-0-4)
- WLTM... The Dice Man (City Life, April 2003)
- Half Life (The Flash, published by Social Disease, 2007, ISBN 0-9552829-3-4)
- Touch Sensitive (Perverted by Language, Fiction Inspired by The Fall, published by Serpent's Tail, 2007, ISBN 1-85242-929-1)
- Girl, Absorbed (in Litro, issue 82, the Litro website)
- Half Life, Girl Absorbed, Trick Machine & Freak of Nature Cabala, published by Dog Horn, 2011, ISBN 978-1-907133-16-9
- Priest (audio-only short story published by Preston3Twenty, 2012)
- WLTM... The Dice Man is viewable online at Evans' website
- Robosapiens is viewable online at Evans' website
- Gagarin in Britain and Tales of Star City Sky At Night Magazine 
- Gagarin50, essay in exhibition booklet, April 2011
- "Sky at Night, April 2011". Skyatnightmagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-08-26.