Richard Foster (born 1945) is a British painter, principally of portraits.
Foster has been a member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters since 1976 and was its vice-president 1991 - 1993 and honorary treasurer 2003 - 2006. He has been a member of the Art Workers Guild since 1980.
He has been commissioned by:
- HM The King of Norway
- HRH The Duke of Edinburgh,
- HRH The Prince of Wales,
- HRH The Princess of Wales,
- HRH The Duke of Kent,
- The Lord Home of the Hirsel
- Anthony Hopkins,
- Mrs Carter Brown,
- The Corsini Family,
- The Visconti Family,
- National Portrait Gallery (London)
- The National Trust,
- Eton College, and Harrow School,
- Lincoln and Trinity College, Oxford,
Foster has paintings in a number of public collections, inclusing the National Trust, Hertfordshire County Council and the Green Howards Regimental Museum.