Richard G. Zweifel
Richard George Zweifel (born 1926) is an American herpetologist, who has classified several species in the American Southwest. Zweifel worked at the American Museum of Natural History from 1954 to 1989, and was Herpetology Department Chairman from 1968 to 1980. In 1984, he was honored by the naming of "Zweifel's frog", found in Mexico, and in 1998 a microhylid frog Cophixalus zweifeli was named after him.
- Zweifel, R.G. 1955. Ecology, distribution and systematics of frogs of the Rana boylei group. Univ. California Pub. Zool. 54 (4): 207-292.
- Zweifel, R.G. 1985. Australian Frogs of the Family Microhylidae. ISBN 99953-48-60-8.
- Zweifel, R.G. 1998. Encyclopedia of Reptiles & Amphibians. (with Harold George Cogger and David Kirshner) ISBN 0-12-178560-2.
- Zweifel, R.G. 2001. Encyclopedia of Animals: Mammals, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians. (with Harold George Cogger, Joseph Forshaw, Edwin Gould, and George McKay) ISBN 1-875137-99-8.
- "About the Department". American Museum of Natural History, Division of Vertebrate Zoology, Department of Herpetology. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Hillis, David M.; Frost, John S.; Webb, Robert G. (1984-05-01). "A new species of frog of the Rana tarahumarae group from southwestern Mexico". Copeia 1984 (2): 398–403. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Davies, M. M.; McDonald K. R. (1998). "A new species of frog (Anura: Microhylidae) from Cape Melville, Queensland". Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia 122: 159–164.