|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (January 2008)|
Genelle as Ernie on Power Rangers.
October 12, 1961|
New York City, New York
|Died||December 30, 2008
Corona Regional Medical Center
From 1993 until 1997, Genelle portrayed Ernie, the good-natured owner of the Angel Grove Youth Center, the most popular hang out spot for the teenagers of Angel Grove. He often hosted birthday parties, school activities, martial arts tournaments and community charity events. He also gave out free drinks and food as well as helping out his customers if they needed something. After four seasons, Ernie abruptly left the Youth Center to do emergency volunteer work in South America, passing ownership of the Youth Center to Jerome Stone.
In real life, Genelle left the series to take steps to overcome his smoking problems and obesity, successfully losing over forty pounds. He also started Retail Logistics Solutions, Inc. in Cerritos, California, providing transportation services.
Genelle died following a heart attack on December 30, 2008 at age forty-seven. His funeral service was held at Pierce Brothers Crestlawn Memorial Park in Riverside, California. His interment was in that cemetery.
- The Death Merchant (1991) as Guard
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (116 episodes, 1993-1995) as Ernie
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995) as Ernie (deleted scenes)
- Power Rangers Zeo (7 episodes, 1996) as Ernie
- Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (1997) as Ernie
- Screen World 1998 John Willis, Barry Monush - 1999 Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie ... Richard Genelle (Ernie)."
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|