||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (August 2013)|
Richard Allen Landes is an American historian and author, specializing in Millennialism. He is most famous for coining the term "Pallywood" for what he considers the practice of "Staged filming" of "evidence" against Israel for the benefit of the Palestinians. He currently serves as an Associate Professor in the Department of History at Boston University. Landes was the director of the now quiescent Center for Millennial Studies.
Israel and "Pallywood"
Landes is also notable for views on the use of film footage related to conflicts in Israel, in particular his use of the term Pallywood (Palestinian Hollywood), which is described by Ruthie Blum, writing in the Jerusalem Post, as a term coined by Landes to refer to "productions staged by the Palestinians, in front of (and often with cooperation from) Western camera crews, for the purpose of promoting anti-Israel propaganda by disguising it as news." Landes himself describes Pallywood as "a term I coined... to describe staged material disguised as news." Landes cites the film of the shooting of Muhammad al-Durrah, the Gaza beach blast and Hamas's alleged exploitation of electricity shortages during the 2007–2008 Israel-Gaza conflict, as incidents of Pallywood. 
He maintains two web sites:
- Second Draft depicts the perceived pro-Palestinian, anti-Israeli bias in some media reports from the Middle East.
- Augean Stables includes more in-depth articles about the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and related issues.
- Landes, Richard A.; Head, Thomas J. (eds.) (1987). Essays on the Peace of God : the church and the people in eleventh-century France. Waterloo, Ontario: Waterloo University. OCLC 18039359.
- Landes, Richard A.; Paupert, Catherine (trans.) (1991). Naissance d'Apôtre: Les origines de la Vita prolixior de Saint Martial de Limoges au XIe siècle. Turnhout, Belgium: Brepols. ISBN 978-2-503-50045-4.
- Landes, Richard A.; Head, Thomas J. (eds.) (1992). The Peace of God: social violence and religious response in France around the year 1000. Ithaca, N.Y: Cornell University Press. ISBN 0-8014-2741-X.
- Landes, Richard A. (1995). Relics, apocalypse, and the deceits of history: Ademar of Chabannes, 989-1034. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. ISBN 0-674-75530-8.
- Landes, Richard A. (ed.) (2000). Encyclopedia of millennialism and millennial movements. New York: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-92246-1.
- Landes, Richard A.; Van Meter, David C.; Gow, Andrew Sydenham Farrar (2003). The apocalyptic year 1000: religious expectation and social change, 950-1050. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-511191-5.
- Landes, Richard A. (2011). Heaven on Earth: The Varieties of the Millennial Experience. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Landes, Richard A.; Katz, Stephen (eds.). The Paranoid Apocalypse: A Hundred Year Retrospective on The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. New York, 2011: New York University Press.
- “Jews as Contested Ground in Post-Modern Conspiracy Theory", Jewish Political Studies Review, Vol. 19, Nos. 3-4 (2007), 9-34.
- “Edward Said and the Culture of Honor and Shame: Orientalism and Our Misperceptions of the Arab-Israeli Conflict” in Special issue of Israel Affairs, 13:4 (2007), 84-58, and in Divine, Donna; Salzman, Philip (eds.) (2007). Postcolonial Theory and the Arab-Israeli Conflict. London: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-44325-8.
- "Goldstone's Gaza Report, Part I: A Failure of Intelligence", Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA), January 2010.
- "Goldstone's Gaza Report, Part II: A Miscarriage of Human Rights," Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA), January 2010.
- One on One: Framing the debate, Jerusalem Post