Richard Meyer is the Robert and Ruth Halperin Professor in Art History at Stanford University. Prior to joining Stanford, he was an associate professor of Art History at the University of Southern California. He is the author of Outlaw Representation, a book about censorship and homosexuality in American art, and What Was Contemporary Art?, as well as a contributor to Artforum magazine.
- ^ "New building, new faculty demonstrate ambitious growth plans for Stanford's Department of Art and Art History". Stanford Report.
- ^ "Stanford Art & Art History Department Faculty Page for Richard Meyer".
- ^ USC faculty directory, https://my.usc.edu/wp/faculty/ViewDetail.do?uscpvid=scbx9hs4
- ^ Meyer, Richard. Outlaw Representation. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.
- ^ Meyer, Richard. What Was Contemporary Art? Cambridge: MIT Press, 2013.