Richie Baker (English footballer)
Baker in 2013
|Full name||Richard Peter Baker|
|Date of birth||29 December 1987|
|Place of birth||Burnley, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2005–2006||Preston North End||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:00, 10 May 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Richie began his career in the highly successful Manchester United Academy, where he played as a right-back, and was understudy to Danny Simpson, which somewhat restricted Baker to much playing time, he also played alongside the likes of Gerard Piqué, Fraizer Campbell and Giuseppe Rossi, during his time at Old Trafford.
Preston North End
Following the decision by Manchester United to release Baker, he joined Football League Championship side Preston North End as a trainee, but failed to make a breakthrough into the first team and was released at the end of the 2005–06 season.
Baker went to join Bury, and made his full debut in the League Cup victory over Sunderland playing as a central midfielder, and after that game established himself as a first-team regular, scoring six goals in 107 appearances.
Richie joined Oxford United at the start of the 2010-11 season, but failed to win a regular place in the team.
He left Oxford United on 4 January 2011 when his contract expired. Baker then signed for Barrow on 15 February 2011, making his debut against Mansfield Town four days later. In May 2011, he was offered a new contract by Barrow. Baker became a major part of the Barrow team for the subsequent two seasons. However, he left when they were relegated in May 2013.
- "Player Details". Soccerbase. 1 July 2010. Retrieved 1 July 2010.
- "Two back in, two out". Oxford United F.C. 4 January 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Bayliss and Sheridan add Baker to the mix". Barrow A.F.C. 15 February 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Barrow 2-2 Mansfield". BBC Sport. 19 February 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Forrest, Goodfellow and Masters released by Barrow". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 6 May 2011. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Tamworth in for Ex-Barrow AFC Man Baker". Evening Mail. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Ex-Barrow midfielder Richie Baker signs for Lambs". BBC Sport. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richie Baker.|