|Full name||Richard David Myler|
21 May 1990 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||13 st 10 lb (87 kg) |
|2008–09||Salford City Reds||53||38||0||0||172|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Richie Myler (born 21 May 1990) is an English professional rugby league footballer for the Warrington Wolves of Super League. An England national representative scrum half back, he previously played for the Widnes Vikings and Salford City Reds.
Myler signed for Salford from Widnes on a three-year deal in 2008 and contributed to Salford winning the National League One title, scoring 25 tries in 32 appearances, and winning numerous awards as well as the Co-Operative Player of the Year award.
Myler was offered a new contract which allegedly would have made him the highest paid player in the history of the club. According to agent Martin Offiah he rejected the deal, instead favouring a 4-year deal with Warrington.
Myler was not called up to the England RL side for the Four Nations in 2011, however he was selected in the England Knights where he put in two man of the match performances but was still not called up.
- "Our England our Team England rugby league the official website". web page. The Rugby Football League Limited. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Myler Battle". Sunday Mirror (London: Trinity Mirror). 19 April 2009.
- "Myler gets England call". England Rugby League. 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "Gleeson to lead new-look England". BBC. 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "England warm up in style". Sky Sports. 2008-10-10. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "France 12-66 England:Richie Myler stars as Lions romp to victory". The Mirror.com. 2009-06-14. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- Murphy, Connor (2009-09-07). "Smith excited to work with new boys". Warrington Guardian. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "Richie Myler rejects Salford mega deal". The Mirror.com. 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- White, Steve (2012-03-13). ""I am a very lucky lady!": Helen Skelton's delight at getting engaged". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- Watts, Halina (22 December 2013). "BT Sport beauty Helen Skelton ties the knot with rugby league star Richie Myler". Mirror TV. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Warrington Wolves profile
- Myler handed England call
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org