Richland Township, DeKalb County, Indiana
Location of Richland Township in DeKalb County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||23.58 sq mi (61.1 km2)|
|• Land||23.5 sq mi (61 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||56.7/sq mi (21.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453790|
Richland Township was organized in 1837.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.58 square miles (61.1 km2), of which 23.5 square miles (61 km2) (or 99.66%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.34%) is water. Burdick Lake, Depew Lake, Haynes Lake and Lintz Lake are in this township.
Cities and towns
- Fairfield Township (north)
- Smithfield Township (northeast)
- Grant Township (east)
- Union Township (east)
- Keyser Township (south)
- Allen Township, Noble County (west)
- Wayne Township, Noble County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Corunna and Sedan.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of DeKalb County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages and Towns. Inter-State Publishing Company. 1885. p. 720.