Richland Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Richland Township, Logan County, Ohio|
|• Total||29.9 sq mi (77.4 km2)|
|• Land||29.1 sq mi (75.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.8 sq mi (2.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,040 ft (317 m)|
|• Density||84.5/sq mi (32.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086492|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- McDonald Township, Hardin County - north
- Taylor Creek Township, Hardin County - northeast
- Rushcreek Township - east
- McArthur Township - south
- Washington Township - southwest
- Stokes Township - west
- Roundhead Township, Hardin County - northwest
The eastern part of Indian Lake is located in western Richland Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The township is the location of the Bickham Covered Bridge, which carries County Road 38 over the South Fork of the Miami River. Built in 1877 and refurbished in 1959, it employs the Howe truss design. The bridge's length is 94 feet (29 m).
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- ODOT 4633431 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure feature number)
- http://www2.dot.state.oh.us/se/coveredbridges/truss_types.htm#Howe (H)