Richland Township, Monroe County, Indiana
The Matthews Mansion, located in the northern part of the township
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.44 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.44 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||764 ft (233 m)|
|• Density||404.8/sq mi (156.3/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47404, 47429, 47433, 47460|
|GNIS feature ID||0453798|
Richland Township was established in 1829.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.44 square miles (91.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Coffey, Dowell, Richland and Whitehall.
- Richland-Bean Blossom Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 60
- State Senate District 40
- "Richland Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 380.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Richland Township
||Washington Township, Owen County||Bean Blossom Township|
|Clay Township, Owen County||Bloomington Township|
|Beech Creek Township, Greene County||Van Buren Township|