Richmond Municipal Airport
|Richmond Municipal Airport|
|IATA: RID – ICAO: KRID – FAA LID: RID|
|Elevation AMSL||1,140 ft / 347 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Richmond Municipal Airport (IATA: RID, ICAO: KRID, FAA LID: RID) is a public airport six miles southeast of Richmond, in Wayne County, Indiana. It is owned by the Richmond Board of Aviation Commissioners. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 called it a general aviation facility.
The first airline flights at Richmond were TWA DC-3s in late 1947; they left a few years later.
In 2009 the airport had 19,896 aircraft operations, average 54 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 1% military. 25 aircraft were then based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 16% helicopter, and 8% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for RID ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Aerial image from Indiana DOT
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RID, effective November 13, 2014
- Resources for this airport: