Richmond Municipal Airport
|Richmond Municipal Airport|
|IATA: RID – ICAO: KRID – FAA LID: RID|
|Elevation AMSL||1,140 ft / 347 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Richmond Municipal Airport (IATA: RID, ICAO: KRID, FAA LID: RID) is a public use airport located five nautical miles (6 mi, 9 km) southeast of the central business district of Richmond, a city in Wayne County, Indiana, United States. It is owned by the Richmond Board of Aviation Commissioners. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft 
Richmond Municipal Airport covers an area of 702 acres (284 ha) at an elevation of 1,140 feet (347 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 6/24 is 5,500 by 150 feet (1,676 x 46 m) and 15/33 is 5,000 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2009, the airport had 19,896 aircraft operations, an average of 54 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 25 aircraft based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 16% helicopter, and 8% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for RID ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Aerial image from Indiana DOT
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RID, effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport: