Richmond Municipal Airport
|Richmond Municipal Airport|
|IATA: RID – ICAO: KRID – FAA LID: RID|
|Elevation AMSL||1,140 ft / 347 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Richmond Municipal Airport (IATA: RID, ICAO: KRID, FAA LID: RID) is a public airport six miles southeast of Richmond, in Wayne County, Indiana. It is owned by the Richmond Board of Aviation Commissioners. This airport is in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which called it a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers 702 acres (284 ha) at an elevation of 1,140 feet (347 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt runways: 6/24 is 5,500 by 150 feet (1,676 x 46 m) and 15/33 is 5,000 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m).
In 2009 the airport had 19,896 aircraft operations, average 54 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 1% military. 25 aircraft were then based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 16% helicopter, and 8% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for RID ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Aerial image from Indiana DOT
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RID, effective December 12, 2013
- Resources for this airport: