Richmond Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Richmond Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Ashtabula County
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Land||25.3 sq mi (65.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||1,020 ft (311 m)|
|• Density||37/sq mi (14.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085739|
Located on the eastern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Pierpont Township - north
- Conneaut Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania - east
- North Shenango Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania - southeast
- Andover Township - south
- Cherry Valley Township - southwest corner
- Dorset Township - west
- Denmark Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Richmond Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Richmond Township is located in Huron County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman Thomas Hitchcok and members Marilyn Malz and Allen Slater.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Richmond township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary. Scott and Wright. p. 392. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.