Richmond Township, Huron County, Ohio
|Richmond Township, Huron County, Ohio|
Wheat harvest in Richmond Township
Location of Richmond Township (red) in Huron County, next to the city of Willard (yellow).
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.4 km2)|
|• Land||25.6 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|• Density||43.4/sq mi (16.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086356|
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Norwich Township - north
- Greenfield Township - northeast corner
- New Haven Township - east
- Auburn Township, Crawford County - south
- Cranberry Township, Crawford County - southwest
- Venice Township, Seneca County - west
Richmond Township includes almost all of the county's border with Crawford County.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Richmond Township is located in Ashtabula County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Huron County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.