|Richard "Rick" Crouch|
|City Councilor eThekwini Municipality|
|Preceded by||Gillian Noyce|
|Chairman eThekwini Ward 10 Branch|
6 September 1960 |
|Political party||Democratic Alliance|
|Residence||Gillitts South Africa|
Crouch matriculated from Mansfield High School in 1979. He joined the Democratic Alliance's predecessor, the Democratic Party, in 1980 as a student activist. In 1986 Crouch was forced to leave South Africa because of his opposition to the Apartheid System. Crouch went to the United States where he continued his education and activism against Apartheid.
As a Politician In South Africa
In 1980 at the age of 19 Crouch became a member of the Progressive Party, one of the two opposition parties represented in parliament at the time. From the period 1982 until he was forced into self exile in the United States Crouch was among those white South Africans who opposed the Apartheid System; this was known as the White Resistance.
Crouch, along with his family, decided in 2005 that he would return to South Africa to pick up where he left off in 1986 and run for public office. Upon his return to South Africa, Crouch was elected to the Chairmanship of the eThekwini Ward 10 Branch of the Democratic Alliance.
During his time as chairman Crouch has been very involved in the community and in Ward 10. Crouch also served on the Executive Committee of the Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal Community Policing Forum (CPF).
On 22 May 2010 Crouch was elected as a City Councilor to the Durban City Council representing the residents of Ward 99 for the Democratic Alliance in the ANC majority Council.
In December of 2012 Crouch was elected Councillor of the Year for 2012 by his colleagues.
In the aftermath of one of the most horrific accidents in Durban, the 2013 Pinetown crash, Crouch has been vocal about the Provincial Governments failure in stopping the carnage on Fields Hill, going as far as accusing the KwaZulu-Natal MEC Department of Transport, Community Safety, and Liaison Willies Mchunu of practicing tombstone legislation. Crouch, has been campaigning for stricter rules for trucks on Field’s Hill.
As an Investigator In the United States
As well as becoming commercial pilot, while in the United States, Crouch formed a private investigation and digital forensics company. Through his work with celebrities and their high profile attorneys Crouch became known as 'PI to the stars'
Some of the celebrities Crouch worked for thorough their attorneys are; musician Michael Jackson, actress Winona Ryder, musician Chris Brown, and the wife of Fred Astaire, Robyn, to name a few.
He also assisted local law enforcement and the FBI in locating and returning fugitives to justice. Crouch and his company also worked as bounty hunters, tracking down fugitives who had decided to "jump bail" and fled the jurisdiction.
Crouch authored and published a training manual and reference guide titled Bail Investigator Training Manual (Become a bounty hunter now) for investigators interested in or currently in the field of Bail Enforcement (Bounty Hunting).
As an Investigator In South Africa
|Party political offices|
|Ward 10 Branch Chairperson Democratic Alliance
|West Durban Constituency Chairperson Democratic Alliance
Timothy Brauteseth MP
|City Councillor in eThekwini Municipality
- "Fury over plan to alter ward boundaries". Independent News & Media. 14 December 2009.
- "Elected Executive". DA Ward 10. 14 August 2009.
- Jason Van Der Venter: The Highway Mail, 12 February 2010, page 12.
- Jason Van Der Venter: The Highway Mail, 11 December 2009, page 15.
- Cate Rayner: The Sunday Tribune, 13 December 2009
- Don't Attend, Don't Complain
- "Local Government Elections 2011" (PDF). Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Chairman’s Annual Report". Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "VIDEO: Councillor on Fields Hill truck restrictions". East Coast Radio. 5 September 2014. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Hill of horrors claims more lives". Independent on Saturday. 29 November 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Durban councillor was 'PI to the stars'" (PDF). The Mercury. 4 September 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Bail Investigator Training Manual (Become a bounty hunter now)".
- "California's 'Pi To The Stars' sets up shop in Durban". The Bugle. 27 March 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Digital Forensics Expert Warns About Dangerous Smartphone Apps". Western Cape Business News. 24 February 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "How Sony Pictures was hacked". My Office Magazine. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- Highway Mail, 16 October 2009.
- The Hilltop, 30 October 2009.
- The Mercury, 9 November 2009.
- Highway Mail, 13 November 2009.
- Highway Mail, 16 October 2009.
- The Hilltop, 4 December 2009.
- Highway Mail, 11 December 2009.
- Sunday Tribune, 13 December 2009.
- The Mercury, 14 December 2009.
- Highway Mail, 20 December 2009.
- The Mercury, 4 January 2010.
- Highway Mail, 15 January 2010.
- Sunday Tribune, 17 January 2010.
- Highway Mail, 31 January 2010.
- Highway Mail, 5 February 2010.
- Highway Mail, 12 February 2010.