20 May 1979 |
Rick Edwards (born 20 May 1979) is an English television presenter who works mainly for Channel 4 and E4. Edwards presented T4 for four years, and has also presented Tool Academy, Freshly Squeezed, E4 Music, That Paralympic Show and much of Channel 4's 2012 Paralympics coverage. He also presents Free Speech every fortnight on BBC Three.
Early life and career
Edwards attended Pembroke College, Cambridge, studying mathematics originally before changing to natural sciences after his first year. He performed stand-up and sketch shows during his time at university.
Edwards hosted a Saturday evening radio show on XFM entitled 'The Weekender' for several years, hosting his last show on 10 January 2009. He also formed part of the BBC presenting team for their coverage of the Reading and Leeds Festival. In 2011 Edwards began hosting E4's Tool Academy, a reality TV show about fed-up girlfriends who have enrolled their underperforming other halves in a school in which "tools become men". During the 2012 Paralympics, Edwards formed part of the Channel 4 commentary team as well as co-presenting That Paralympic Show with Ade Adepitan.
Edwards is an avid Liverpool fan and plays in a recreational 6-aside Football league with GO Mammoth. His team 'Post Office FC' have 5 league titles to their name. Edwards revealed in an interview with the Daily Mail that he has no sense of smell due to sniffing pure ammonia while in school. Edwards supported green organisation Global Cool in 2010 as part of their Traincation campaign along with his friend George Lamb.
- The Observer Observer Ethical Awards (Rick Edwards) 11 January 2009
- "Interview: Rick Edwards". Cherwell. 23 November 2008.
- The Independent Interview: C4’s ‘Freshly squeezed’ Rick Edwards 26 June 2008
- The Independent The real world: Rick Edwards TV and radio presenter 28 May 2008
- Channel 4: meet the team
- Daily Mail It's A Man's World: Rick Edwards 23 August 2008
- "Rick and George's Traincation diary". Global Cool (UK: Global Cool Foundation). 29 March 2010. Retrieved 15 Feb 2011.