20 May 1979 |
Rick Edwards (born 20 May 1979) is an English television presenter who works mainly for Channel 4 and E4. Edwards presented T4 for four years, and has also presented Tool Academy, Freshly Squeezed, E4 Music, That Paralympic Show and much of Channel 4's 2012 Paralympics coverage. He also presents Free Speech every fortnight on BBC Three.
Early life and career
Edwards attended Pembroke College, Cambridge, studying mathematics originally before changing to natural sciences after his first year. He performed stand-up and sketch shows during his time at university.
Edwards hosted a Saturday evening radio show on XFM entitled The Weekender for several years, hosting his last show on 10 January 2009. He also formed part of the BBC presenting team for their coverage of the Reading and Leeds Festival. In 2011 Edwards began hosting E4's Tool Academy, a reality TV show about fed-up girlfriends who have enrolled their underperforming other halves in a school in which "tools become men". During the 2012 Paralympics, Edwards formed part of the Channel 4 commentary team as well as co-presenting That Paralympic Show with Ade Adepitan.
Edwards is an avid Liverpool fan and plays in a recreational six-a-side Football league with GO Mammoth. His team "Post Office FC" have five league titles to their name. Edwards revealed in an interview with the Daily Mail that he has no sense of smell due to sniffing pure ammonia while in school. Edwards supported green organisation Global Cool in 2010 as part of their Traincation campaign, along with his friend George Lamb.
- "Observer Ethical Awards 2009: Rick Edwards", The Observer, 11 January 2009.
- "Interview: Rick Edwards". Cherwell. 23 November 2008.
- Dan Poole, "Interview: C4's ‘Freshly squeezed’ Rick Edwards", The Independent, 26 June 2008.
- "The real world: Rick Edwards TV and radio presenter", The Independent, 28 May 2008.
- Channel 4 presenters: Rick Edwards, London 2012, C4 Paralympics.
- "Team Profile for The Post Office FC", Go Mammoth.
- "Ich Bin Kentishtowner: Rick Edwards, Television Presenter", KentishTowner.
- "Rick Edwards: I've lost my sense of smell", Now Daily, 12 April 2009.
- "It's A Man's World: Rick Edwards", Daily Mail, 23 August 2008.
- "Rick and George's Traincation diary". Global Cool (UK: Global Cool Foundation). 29 March 2010. Retrieved 15 February 2011.