|Eric S. "Rick" Perlstein|
Rick Perlstein at a piano, selecting music to play from a book of jazz standards, Chicago, March 2013.
|Education||University of Chicago (B.S., 1992)
University of Michigan
Eric S. "Rick" Perlstein (born 1969) is an American historian and journalist. He is a former writer for The Village Voice and The New Republic. He has also written for Mother Jones, The Nation, and many other magazines. He also wrote a political column for RollingStone.com in 2012.
Perlstein graduated from the University of Chicago with a B.A. in History in 1992, and did graduate work in American Studies at the University of Michigan. Until 2009 he was a Senior Fellow at the Campaign for America's Future where he wrote for their blog about the failures of conservative governance, The Big Con.
Perlstein is the author of Before the Storm: Barry Goldwater and the Unmaking of the American Consensus (2001), which won the 2001 Los Angeles Times Book Prize for history, and Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America (2008), which was named a notable book of the year by the New York Times Book Review. His next book, "about the rise of Reagan in the 1970s" titled The Invisible Bridge, was released in August 2014.
- Perlstein, Rick (2001). Before the Storm: Barry Goldwater and the Unmaking of the American Consensus. New York: Hill and Wang. ISBN 0-8090-2859-X.
- Perlstein, Rick et al. (2005). The Stock Ticker and the Superjumbo: How the Democrats Can Once Again Become America's Dominant Political Party. Chicago: Prickly Paradigm. ISBN 0-9761475-0-5.
- Perlstein, Rick (2008). Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America. New York: Scribner. ISBN 0-7432-4302-1.
- Perlstein, Rick (2014). The Invisible Bridge: The Fall of Nixon and the Rise of Reagan. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1476782416.
- Rick Perlstein Biography, Huffington Post
- Biography, Campaign for America's Future
- The Economist magazine reviewed the book here (this is a link to their review), and concluded the book was "fine (if overlong)", accessed on 8th September 2014.
- Official website
- Rick Perlstein author page at Simon & Schuster
- Rick Perlstein index at Rolling Stone
- Rick Perlstein at Mother Jones
- Rick Perlstein at The Nation
- Video interview of Rick Perlstein, BigThink (video)
- Booknotes interview with Perlstein on Before the Storm: Barry Goldwater and the Unmaking of the American Consensus, June 3, 2001.
|This article about a United States political writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|