|Born||Richard Allan Salomon
January 24, 1968
Neptune, New Jersey, U.S.
|Occupation||Celebutante, former producer|
|Spouse(s)||Pamela Anderson (m. 2014)|
Richard Allan "Rick" Salomon (born January 24, 1968) is a celebutante mostly known for his relationships with various female celebrities, including E.G. Daily, Shannen Doherty, Paris Hilton, and Pamela Anderson. Between 2002-2009, Salomon also produced or co-produced a few unsuccessful television shows and movies.
Salomon was born in Neptune, New Jersey, the son of a former executive vice president at Warner Bros., Robert Jess Salomon. He grew up in the Wayside section of Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey. He owned an online gambling site.
Salomon is known as a big home-game player in the Los Angeles area, frequently participating in celebrity or small private games. Salomon appeared on season two of PokerStars Big Game during week two.
In 2003, a sex tape featuring Salomon and then-girlfriend Paris Hilton was leaked onto the Internet. Shortly afterward, Salomon filed a lawsuit against the company that distributed the tape, and against the Hilton family, whom he accused of tarnishing his reputation by suggesting that he had exploited Hilton. Salomon further claimed in his $10 million suit that representatives of the Hiltons tried to discourage media outlets from playing excerpts of the tape by saying that Hilton was underage when the tape was made (which would have made showing the tape illegal), and were attempting to crush him to preserve the image they had created for her. Hilton later sued the company that released the tape, Kahatani Ltd., for $30 million for violation of privacy and emotional distress.
In April 2004, Salomon began distributing the tape himself through adult-film company Red Light District Video under the title 1 Night in Paris. In July 2004, Salomon dropped his lawsuit against the Hilton family after Paris Hilton's privacy lawsuit was thrown out of court. Salomon and Red Light District Video agreed to pay Hilton $400,000 plus a percentage of the tape's sale profit.
On September 29, 2007, Salomon and actress Pamela Anderson applied for a marriage license in Las Vegas. Anderson had told talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres in September that she was engaged; she referred to her fiancé only as a poker player. The couple were married on October 6, 2007 during a break between the 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. shows of "Hans Klok's The Beauty of Magic" at Planet Hollywood resort, where Anderson was starring as a magician's assistant. Salomon and Anderson separated less than ten weeks later and, on December 14, Anderson filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. Two days later, Anderson and Salomon were seen shopping together. Anderson later posted a message on her website indicating that they were reconciling. But on December 28, 2007, Anderson's attorney filed a proof of service of summons in Los Angeles Superior Court regarding the divorce claim. In February 2008, Anderson filed to have the marriage annulled citing fraud as the reasoning. The following month, Salomon also filed for an annulment citing fraud. The marriage was officially annulled on March 24, 2008.
In 2014, Salomon and Anderson remarried.
- "Downloads are a girl's best friend". theage.com.au. 2004-07-10. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Hiatt, Brian (2003-11-18). "Shame Game". ew.com. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- The Smoking Gun Paris sex tape lawsuit
- "Paris Hilton sues over Internet sex tape". cnn.com. 2004-02-09. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (2004-04-30). "X-Rated Paris Tape Goes to Home Video". people.com. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Susman, Gary (2007-07-13). "'Simple' Math". ew.com. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "Pam Anderson Weds Rick Salomon". US Magazine. 2007-10-07. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2009-10-01. "Among the guests were ... his daughters Hunter, 11, and Tyson, 9."
- "Photo Special: Top 10 Celebrity Annulments > 7 of 11: Shannen & Rick". People.com. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- Anderson to marry Paris Hilton ex BBC News - 1 October 2007
- People Magazine Pamela Anderson Weds Rick Salomon October 7, 2007
- Nudd, Tim; Lee, Ken (2007-12-17). "Pamela Anderson Divorcing Rick Salomon?". people.com. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Lee, Ken; Silverman, Stephen M. (2008-01-03). "Pamela Anderson Appears to Move Ahead with Divorce". people.com. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "Rick Salomon Now Claims Fraud in Pam Anderson Marriage". people.com. 2008-03-21. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (2008-03-24). "Pam Anderson & Rick Salomon's Marriage Annulled". people.com. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Fleeman, Mike (January 12, 2014). "Pamela Anderson Marries Rick Salomon a Second Time". People.com. Retrieved January 12, 2014.