|No. 23 – EWE Baskets Oldenburg|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
October 23, 1982 |
|Listed weight||218 lbs.|
|High school||Renaissance (Detroit, Michigan)|
|NBA draft||2004 / Round: 2 / Pick: 54th overall|
|Selected by the Detroit Pistons|
|2007–present||EWE Baskets Oldenburg|
|Career highlights and awards|
Rickey Paulding (born October 23, 1982) is an American professional basketball player. He played college basketball for the University of Missouri. In his collegiate career he scored 1,200 points and grabbed 300 rebounds. Remembered by his fans for scoring 37 points and making an astounding nine threes against Dwyane Wade, Travis Diener and the Marquette Golden Eagles in the Tigers' loss in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament his junior year, he opted to return for his senior season. He was drafted 54th overall in the second round by the Detroit Pistons. In his first year of pro ball, he played for Hapoel Jerusalem of Israel after averaging 12.2 points per game for the Detroit Pistons in the summer leagues. However, he was waived by the Pistons the following year and tried out for the Sacramento Kings, but failed to make the roster. He has played for Lyon Villeurbanne, France and BCM Gravelines Dunkerque Grand Littoral. For the 2007/08 season, he has signed with the German Bundesliga team EWE Baskets Oldenburg.
He attended Renaissance High School in Detroit. In his senior season, he averaged 25.3 points per game, and 12 rebounds per game, and led his team to a 27-3 record. He was an honorable mention All-USA selection during that season as well.
Awards and honors
- 2003 Wooden Award pre-season finalist
- 2003 Second Team All Big 12
- Scored 36 points in the NCAA Tournament against Marquette.
- Made 9 three-point field goals against Marquette
- 7th Highest all time scorer at Mizzou.
- Most points ever scored on current NBA player Dwyane Wade in a single NCAA game.
- Starter for the Northern All-Star Team in the Basketball Bundesliga All-Star Games 2009-2011.
- 2009 BBL Finals MVP after leading EWE Baskets Oldenburg to the league title.
- Most Likeable Player of the 2008/2009 Basketball Bundesliga Season