|Directed by||M. Krishnan Nair|
|Produced by||R. M. Veerappan|
|Written by||R. K. Shanmugam (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||R. M. Veerappan|
|Story by||R. M. Veerappan
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Edited by||C. P. Jambulingam|
|Distributed by||Sathya Movies|
The movie begins with Selvam (MGR) contesting in a rickshaw race along with fellow rickshaw drivers. Meanwhile elsewhere Manikkum, a man with his child, Soussi is being chased by a thug.
The man is killed and he is burnt.
Selvam finds the kid and goes in search of justice but is failed by the judicial system by a corrupt lawyer (Major Sundarrajan).
- M. G. Ramachandran as Selvam, the rickshaw driver, the military ex-officer
- Padmini as Parvathi
- Manjula as Uma
- S. A. Ashokan as Kaïlasam, a chairman and a business man
- Major Sundarrajan as The judge K.Dharmaraj
- R. S. Manohar as "Katikuthe" Karmegham
- Thengai Srinivasanas Vanedhu, a rickshaw driver
- Cho Ramaswamy as Pitchumani
- S. V. Ramadass as Mannarai
- Jothilakshmi as A dancer, "Kollimalai Kaatukkule..."
- G. Sakuntala as Kamala, Selvam 's sister
- Jaikumari as a girl from Kaïlasam 's group
- Anitha as Soussi, Manikkum 's daughter
- Vijayachandrika as Munimma, the itinerant seller of food
- Leela as The principal of The Mangayarkarasi College For Women
- Ranjana Devi
- Kalapathre Nadrajan as Kaïlasam 's manager
- Poornam Visuwanadhan as The judge
- Justin as Mister T
- Isari Velan as Maistry, the person in charge of the fitness gym
In 1968, the Puja was held with the heroine for the film not being finalised at that time and Pandari Bai playing the role of M. G. Ramachandran's sister, Parvathi. After the completion of the first schedule of the principal photography, the film's shooting was delayed due to conflict of views on the selection of the heroine. In 1969, Kasilingam and Pandari Bai were replaced with M. Krishnan Nair and Padmini respectively. Regarding the female lead, Ramachandran wanted Jayalalithaa for the role while R. M. Veerappan, the film's producer, wanted to include a newcomer to break the proximity between Ramachandran and Jayalalithaa. The result went in Veerappan's favour and Manjula Vijayakumar was cast as Uma.
|1||"Kadloram Vaangiya"||T. M. Soundararajan||Vaali|
|2||"Ange Sirippavarkal"||T. M. Soundararajan||Vaali|
|3||"Kollimalai Kaatukkule"||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela||Vaali|
|4||"Ponnazhagu Penmai"||P. Susheela, L. R. Eswari||Avinasi Mani|
|5||"Kadalooram Vaangiya"||T. M. Soundararajan||Vaali|