|Directed by||M. Krishnan Nair|
|Produced by||R. M. Veerappan|
|Written by||R. K. Shanmugam (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||R. M. Veerappan|
|Story by||R. M. Veerappan
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Edited by||C. P. Jambulingam|
|Distributed by||Sathya Movies|
The movie begins with Selvam (MGR) contesting in a rickshaw race along with fellow rickshaw drivers, meanwhile elsewhere Manikkum, a man with his child, Soussi is being chased by a thug.
The man is killed and he is burnt.
Selvam finds the kid and goes in search of justice but is failed by the judicial system by a corrupt lawyer (Major Sundarrajan).
- M. G. Ramachandran as Selvam, the rickshaw driver, the military ex-officer
- Padmini as Parvadhi
- Manjula as Kumari Uma
- S. A. Ashokan as Kaïlasam, a chairman and a business man
- Major Sundarrajan as The judge K.Dharmaraj
- R. S. Manohar as "Katikuthe" Karmegham
- Thengai Srinivasanas Vanedhu, a rickshaw driver
- Cho Ramaswamy as Pitchumani
- Ramadass as Mannarai
- Jothilakshmi as A dancer, "Kollimalai Kaatukkule..."
- G. Sakuntala as Kamala, Selvam 's sister
- Jaikumari as a girl from Kaïlasam 's group
- Anitha as Soussi, Manikkum 's daughter
- Vijayachandrika as Munimma, the itinerant seller of food
- Leela as The principal of The Mangayarkarasi College For Women
- Ranjana Devi
- Kalapathre Nadrajan as Kaïlasam 's manager
- Poornam Visuwanadhan as The judge
- Justin as Mister T
- Isari Velan as Maistry, the person in charge of the fitness gym
The casting is established according to the original order of the credits of opening of the movie, except those not mentioned
National Film Awards
Around the movie
It was a success and was produced by Sathiya Movies, (The fifth production under this banner) owned by R. M. Veerappan who was a close colleague of M. G. Ramachandran.
The croud puller film ran more than 100 days (163, exactly) in all the three theatres in chennai (First in Devi Paradise, Sri Krishna and Saravana) and all major cities of Tamil Nadu.
Hindi version : RICKSHAWALA (1973) by K.Shankar, with Randhir Kapoor, Mala Sinha and Pran, etc... Produced by Sathiya Movies also.
The fights in RICKSHAWKARAN are splendidly adjusted by the leader-stuntman Shiyam Soundher and splendidly executed by MGR himself as usual.
|1||"Kadloram Vaangiya"||T. M. Soundararajan||Vaali|
|2||"Ange Sirippavarkal"||T. M. Soundararajan||Vaali|
|3||"Kollimalai Kaatukkule"||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela||Vaali|
|4||"Ponnazhagu Penmai"||P. Susheela, L. R. Eswari||Avinasi Mani|
|5||"Kadalooram Vaangiya"||T. M. Soundararajan||Vaali|