El Mesías in August 2012.
May 25, 1975 |
Bayamón, Puerto Rico
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Asesor Cibernetica
El Mega Triple Campeón de AAA
|Billed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Billed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|Billed from||Bayamón, Puerto Rico
The Depths of Hell
Gilbert Cosme (born May 25, 1975) is a Puerto Rican professional wrestler, better known by his ring names El Mesías and Ricky Banderas. He began his career in the International Wrestling Association based on Puerto Rico. While performing in the company, he won the IWA World Heavyweight Championship on five instances and held minor championships on fifteen separate occasions, before leaving the company in 2006. On March 12, 2006, he debuted in Asistencia Asesoría y Administración, a promotion based in Mexico, as a character named Muerte Cibernetica and was involved in an angle where this character was "killed". In November 2006, Cosme was involved in the tapings of the Wrestling Society X television series, where he was the second and last wrestler to win the WSX Championship.
Following a month of performing in the International Wrestling Association, Cosme returned to Asistencia Asesoría y Administración in a special event presented by the company, this time under the ring name of El Mesías. In September 2007, the company organized a unification tournament where all of the champions and first contenders participated. Over the course of the tournament, he won the GPCW Super-X Monster Championship and IWC World Heavyweight Championship, and on the tournament's finale, he became the first wrestler to win the AAA World Heavyweight Championship. While working in Mexico, Cosme signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) where he debuted as Judas Mesias on September 13, 2007. In March 2008 his association with TNA came to an end and he focused most of his time on AAA. In 2010 Cosme debuted for Puerto Rican World Wrestling Council, where he won the Universal Heavyweight Championship.
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 In wrestling
- 3 Championships and accomplishments
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Professional wrestling career
International Wrestling Association (1999–2009)
Cosme began wrestling training in 1996, when he was instructed by a former wrestler. During this time he was enrolled in the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico located in Bayamón, his major concentration was in computer technology, after completing two years of study, he decided to begin wrestling as a profession after meeting Victor Quiñones in the gym. In 1997, after working in the independent circuit he moved to Mexico and performed there, and became involved in a project to develop Hispanic talent organized by the World Wrestling Federation.
Cosme subsequently debuted in the International Wrestling Association (IWA) in 1999. He was given the gimmick of "El Patriota" Ricky Banderas, a name that, according to Cosme, was created by fusing the artistic names of Latin musician Ricky Martín and actor Antonio Banderas. He debuted in Extreme Championship Wrestling on that year, where he worked in a televised match. Following a period of teaming with Los Boricuas, his character was teamed with Germán Figueroa who wrestled as Gran Apolo, and formed a tag team dubbed La Nueva Generacion, which won the IWA Tag Team Championship three times. On August 21, 2000, in a show in Levittown, Puerto Rico, Cosme's character turned on Gran Apolo. Following this, he joined the company's dominant heel stable, Los Intocables, along with Miguel Pérez and Jesús Castillo. After the stable's dissolution, he was involved in another stable named Starr Corporation, where after Cosme's insistence his character became darker and was renamed "El Mesías" Ricky Banderas. Following this, he was teamed up with Shane Sewell in a stable known as Los Hermanos en Dolor. In 2001, Cosme performed in a tryout match for the World Wrestling Federation and in a pay per view event on Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling. He won the IWA heavyweight title for a third time on June 15, 2002, and remained champion until Ray González debuted with the company as "Rey Fénix", in a match that he describes as the best match he had wrestled at the moment.
Cosme's gimmick underwent another change when it joined then-dominant heel stable "La Compania" led by Savio Vega (Juan Rivera). This was followed by his fourth title run after he defeated Gran Apolo on January 6, 2003. He was booked as a heel until October 9, 2003, when Vega's group turned on him. Following this, he feuded with Christopher Kindred under his "Slash Venom" gimmick, which peaked when Vampiro (Ian Richard Hodgkinson) was brought by the company to form a stable which feuded with Gran Apolo and Venom. In 2004, he feuded with Hangman Hughes (Mike Hughes), Kasey James (Kurt Sellers), El Diamante (Julio César Cruz), and Bison. In 2005, he turned heel again, this time leading a stable known as La Cruz del Diablo which feuded with other groups led by Savio Vega and Ray Gonzalez. Following an angle where he feuded over a number one contender spot, Cosme departed from the company and signed a contract to wrestle in Mexico. Subsequently, he continued making sporadic appearances for the company, including a brief stay in 2007. On July 19, 2009, Cosme was booked to defeat Dennis Rivera in the promotion's tenth anniversary event.
Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (2006–present)
Following the culmination of his contract with the International Wrestling Association, Cosme signed a contract with Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). He debuted on March 12, 2006, as "Muerte Cibernética" a rudo (villanous) enforcer supposedly brought to the company by Octavio López Arriola under his "Cibernético" gimmick to feud with "La Parka". This gimmick consisted of Cosme wearing a traditional Mexican wrestling mask, often a modified version of the one used by La Parka. This character was placed in a feud with La Parka, which lasted several months. This angle came to a conclusion at Triplemania XIV, where Cosme's character was booked to lose a Mask vs. Mask match.
Following a legitimate injury suffered by López, Cosme's gimmick was slightly changed, launching into an angle where he pursued the leadership of Cibernético's stable, which then went by the name of La Secta Cibernetica. The character was booked to be the leader of the stable after supposedly convincing several members of the group to join him changing the name of the group to La Secta Diabólica. The events of the angle were used to hype an eventual feud between López and Cosme's characters that took place in December 2006. In the angle, Cosme won the first encounter between the two with help of his stable. The angle culminated in a Casket match between the two characters. Cibernético was booked to win the match and subsequently "kill" his opponent by throwing him into an active volcano. This was used to explain Cosme's absence when he departed from the company to wrestle in the International Wrestling Association. During this time he also wrestled for Panama Wrestling Crew in Panama and in Ecuador.
Following a month of performing in Puerto Rico, Cosme returned to Asistencia Asesoría y Administración in an annual event entitled Rey de Reyes under a new gimmick, changing his name to El Mesías. From then on, he started to get a bigger push as a main event heel, feuding with Cibernético and his stable "Los Hell Brothers". During the feud, Cosme was both leader of La Secta del Mesías and member of La Legión Extranjera. Later, Cosme took both the IWC heavyweight championship from Cibernético and the GPCW SUPER-X Monster Title from La Parka in the preliminary rounds of the AAA World Heavyweight Title tournament. As Mesías, he became the first wrestler to win the AAA World Heavyweight Championship in AAA's pay-per-view event Verano de Escandalo after defeating Chessman(Kevin Citlali Zamora) by disqualification. On November 29, 2007, he successfully defended the company's championship in a triple threat match at a pay-per-view titled Guerra de Titanes. In March 2008, he returned to AAA after several months of inactivity. On March 16, 2008, Cosme dropped the championship to Cibernético. He was subsecuently involved in an angle with Vampiro, leding to a match at Triplemania XVI, which concluded as a time-limit draw. On October 24, 2008, Cosme won the Copa Antonio Peña, defeating six other wrestlers in the process. Joaquín Roldán, was responsible for presenting the relevant trophy. On December 6, 2008, at Guerra de Titanes, Cosme won the AAA Heavyweight Championship for a second time, defeating El Zorro (Jesús Martínez). He also made a full técnico (fan favorite) turn, asking the fans for forgiveness for what he's done while in AAA. On March 15, 2009 at the Rey de Reyes (2009) After successfully defending the AAA World Heavyweight Championship against Chessman, Dr. Wagner, Jr. challenged him directly after the match. On June 13, 2009, he was booked to lose the title to Wagner at Triplemania XVII.
The feud continued for several months, until he regained the title on December 11, 2009, at the main event of Guerra de Titanes. Cosme's third reign as AAA World Heavyweight Champion ended on March 12, 2010, at the 2010 Rey de Reyes event. He was not booked to lose, but Electroshock (Edgar Luna Pozos) submitted Mr. Anderson (Ken Anderson), the third wrestler in the match, to win the championship. Afterwards, El Mesías began feuding with invaders from Los Perros del Mal, the group's leader El Hijo del Perro Aguayo in particular. On August 14 at Verano de Escandalo Aguayo, Damián 666 and L.A. Park defeated El Mesías, Cibernético and La Parka in a six man tag team match, when Aguayo pinned Mesías after hitting him with a chair. On October 1 at Héroes Inmortales IV El Mesías gained a measure of revenge on Aguayo by defeating him in a singles match. On November 1 El Mesías entered the 2010 Lucha Libre Premier tournament. The first two rounds of the tournament were wrestled in a parejas increibles format, with El Mesías teaming with Electroshock. The two would defeat the teams of Extreme Tiger and L.A. Park and Cibérnetico and Hernandez to make it to the semifinal four–way match, where El Mesías and El Zorro, defeated Electroshock and Dr. Wagner, Jr. to advance to the finals. On November 28 El Mesías defeated El Zorro in the finals of the tournament to win the 2010 Lucha Libre Premier. Afterwards Mesías entered a feud with La Sociedad member L.A. Park, who defeated him on December 5 at Guerra de Titanes, after using a chair on him. On March 18, 2011, at Rey de Reyes, El Mesías and Park were both eliminated from the finals of the 2011 Rey de Reyes tournament, after brawling to a double countout. On May 18, El Mesías challenged, and Park accepted, for the two to end their feud at Triplemanía XIX in a Mask vs. Hair match. On June 18 at TripleManía XIX, Park defeated El Mesías, forcing him to have his head shaved. El Mesías returned to AAA a month later at Verano de Escándalo, saving Dr. Wagner, Jr. from La Sociedad. On October 9 at Héroes Inmortales, El Mesías wrestled TNA performer Sting to a no contest in what was billed as a "dream match" by AAA, following interference from La Sociedad. The match had been put together by AAA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett in an attempt to stop El Mesías from chasing his title. On December 16 at Guerra de Titanes, El Mesías defeated TNA performers A.J. Styles and Rob Terry in back-to-back matches to become the number one contender to Jarrett's title. On March 18, 2012, at Rey de Reyes, El Mesías defeated Jeff Jarrett to win the AAA World Heavyweight Championship for the fourth time. On April 23, El Mesías underwent surgery on his arm; as a result, he was sidelined from in-ring action for three months. In storyline, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo was credited with causing the injury. El Mesías returned on July 13, attacking Aguayo and his Perros del Mal stable. On August 5 at Triplemanía XX, El Mesías successfully defended the AAA World Heavyweight Championship against Aguayo. He then went on to lose the title to El Texano, Jr. on December 2 at Guerra de Titanes. On March 17, 2013, El Mesías defeated Canek and L.A. Park in the finals to win the 2013 Rey de Reyes tournament. In October, El Mesías came together with two former rivals, Cibernético and El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, to battle the Secta stable, after its members had turned on Cibernético. The partnership was ended on December 8 at Guerra de Titanes, when Aguayo turned rudo, leading to the reformation of La Sociedad. On August 17, 2014, at Triplemanía XXII, El Mesías won fellow técnico Electroshock's hair in a six-way steel cage Lucha de Apuestas.
Wrestling Society X (2006)
Cosme participated as Banderas in the Wrestling Society X television series (taped in Los Angeles, California), with the gimmick of a disgruntled and kayfabe disfigured man pursuing a feud with Vampiro. The booking of the feud commenced after Banderas threw a fireball at Vampiro's face, which resulted in MTV pulling the episode from its original airdate, with concerns that viewers would try it at home.
The reason behind the pursuit was explained in the following episode in a promo, where he claimed that Vampiro rigged a casket with explosives during a match, with the explosion resulting in the damage done to his face. On the eighth episode (which was taped on November 15, 2006) of the series, Banderas won the WSX Championship in his debut match for the promotion. Beforehand, he was involved in a series of brawls with Youth Suicide (Andre Verdun), as well as an allusion to a partnership with 6-Pac (Sean Waltman).
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2007–2008, 2013)
As noted on the "TNA Mobile" service, Cosme signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). Cosme was billed as James Mitchell's kayfabe son and thus Abyss' brother. Beginning on July 1, 2007, vignettes began to air for this "monster-like" character. His name was eventually billed as Judas Mesias. At No Surrender, he pulled Abyss under the ring by cutting a hole through it with a knife and pulling him underneath. On the September 13, 2007 episode of Impact!, during a submission match between Abyss and Kurt Angle in the Six Sides of Steel, Mesias made his official debut, climbing up from underneath the ring and subsequently attacking Abyss. On the September 20 episode of Impact!, Mesias defeated Eric Young in his debut match in TNA.
On September 21, 2007, it was reported that Cosme was suffering from sciatica and that the condition's treatment required several weeks of rest, followed by physical therapy to recover. This injury was the result of a fall from a ladder during a championship match at AAA's Verano de Escandalo pay-per-view, which also knocked him out.
Mesias returned on the December 13, 2007, episode of Impact! where he attacked Abyss by strangling him with a piece of barbed wire, which he also used to cut his forehead open. He then repeatedly hit Abyss in the head with a chair. He finished his assault by delivering his finisher, Straight to Hell to Abyss on the same chair. In his TNA pay-per-view debut, Mesias defeated Abyss at Final Resolution after hitting Abyss with his finisher onto a barbed wire steel chair. This feud continued at Against All Odds, organized on February 10, 2008. In this event he competed in a stipulation match called "Barbed Wire Massacre", where the ring was surrounded by barbed wire, which Abyss won by using his finisher, the Black Hole Slam. In March, Cosme was released from his contract with the company.
On March 18, 2013, Cosme made a one night return to TNA to take part in the tapings of the TNA World Cup of Wrestling One Night Only pay-per-view. Working as Messias, he represented Team International in a singles match, where he was defeated by Team United States' James Storm. At the tapings of the following day's Hardcore Justice 2 pay-per-view, Mesias, once again managed by James Mitchell, was defeated by Joseph Park in a Monster's Ball match.
World Wrestling Council and La Revancha del Siglo (2009–2012)
An agreement between Cosme and the World Wrestling Council was first rumored on November 26, 2009. The promotion made the official announcement two days later, including highlights of his career in a compilation video displayed during a special event titled Crossfire. His debut was scheduled for January 16, 2010, being booked as Ricky Banderas in a contest against Carly Colón. Ray González was subsequently included, winning a three-way-contest where the WWC's first winner of the "Wrestler of the Decade Cup" was to be decided. The following week, both were booked in a rematch, with Banderas winning the cup. On July 11, 2010, Banderas was booked to act as special referee at Aniversario 2010, but was subsequently included in a stipulation match against Colón. His character made a heel turn in this event, attacking both Colón and Hugo Savinovich. On January 8, 2011, Banderas defeated Colón, with help from an interfering Shane Sewell, to win the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship for the first time. Cosme was stripped of the title upon returning to the IWA, headlining an angle that revisited the promotion's first decade. His sole match took place on April 2, 2011, where he defeated González, who had since returned to his masked "Rey Fénix" persona, in the main event of the evening. Following this match Cosme's involvement in the IWA concluded, remaining inactive in Puerto Rico until January 7, 2012, when he reappeared in WWC programming asking for an opportunity to challenge Carly Colón for the Universal Heavyweight Championship. The challenge was accepted and took place at Euphoria 2012, but was inconclusive after Savio Vega interrupted by distrating Colón, which drained what was left of the preestablished time.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
- International Wrestling Association
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- World Wrestling Council
Lucha de Apuesta record
|Mask||La Parka, Jr.||Muerte Cibernetica||Naucalpan, State of Mexico, Mexico||June 18, 2006||At Triplemanía XIV.|
|Hair||L.A. Park||El Mesías||Mexico City, Mexico||June 18, 2011||Mask vs. Hair match at Triplemanía XIX.|
|Hair||El Mesías||Electroshock||Mexico City, Mexico||August 17, 2014||Steel cage match, also involving Averno, Blue Demon, Jr., Chessman and La Parka, at Triplemanía XXII.|
- "TNA Wrestling profile". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Archived from the original on 2007-10-30. Retrieved 2010-11-05.
- "Statistics for Professional wrestlers". PWI Presents: 2008 Wrestling Almanak and book of facts (Kappa Publications). pp. 66–79. 2008 Edition.
- Javier Gonzalez (2008-01-08). "Se Confiesa Judas Mesias" (in Spanish). Lucha Libre Online. Retrieved 2008-07-14.[dead link]
- "IWA: Entrevista a Ricky Banderas" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2007-05-06.
- "Resultados Golpe De Estado – Carolina" (in Spanish). International Wrestling Association. 2002-09-15. Archived from the original on 2002-09-17. Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- "IWA:Ricky Banderas contesta sus preguntas" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- "MEXICO: La Parka vence a Banderas en TripleManía". Puerto Rico Wrestling. 2006-06-19. Archived from the original on 2007-07-07. Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "AAA Guerra de Titanes report". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- Javier Gonzalez (2007-03-19). "AAA : Resultados Rey de Reyes" (in Spanish). Lucha Libre Online. Archived from the original on 2007-03-22. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- "El Mesías, nuevo Campeón Completo IWC" (in Spanish). Medio Tiempo. 2007-08-20. Archived from the original on 2007-12-13. Retrieved 2007-09-30.
- "Verano de Escandalo" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. Archived from the original on 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2007-09-30.
- Alfredo Ascencio (2007-12-07). "Brutal "Guerra de Titanes IX"" (in Spanish). Organización Editorial Mexicana. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Reaparece el Mesías" (in Spanish). Organización Editorial Mexicana. 2008-03-07. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Cibernético aplaca a El Mesías" (in Spanish). Organización Editorial Mexicana. 2008-03-17. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- Carlos Martínez (2008-06-13). "AAA: Llegó el día de Triplemanía XVI" (in Spanish). todosports.com. Archived from the original on June 18, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Mesías obtiene la Copa Antonio Peña" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. 2008-10-25. Archived from the original on 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "EL MESÍAS NUEVO MEGA CAMPEÓN COMPLETO AAA" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. 2008-12-07. Archived from the original on 2008-12-10. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- "Resultados de Rey de Reyes-AAA (16 marzo 2008) Elecktroshock nuevo Rey de Reyes. Juventud Guerrera y Marco Corleone las sorpresas. Wagner se presenta en AAA para retar al Mesías.". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). 2009-03-15. Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- Jose Miguel (2009-06-13). "Triplemania 17 (Resultados y cobertura 13 Junio 2009) – El Hijo del Santo salva a AAA – Nuevo Mega Campeón: Dr. Wagner Jr. – Xtreme Tiger nuevo Campeón Crucero AAA". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Rey de Reyes, cobertura en vivo aqui" (in Spanish). AAA. March 12, 2010. Archived from the original on March 17, 2010. Retrieved March 13, 2010.
- "AAA – Verano de Escándalo 2010 (Resultados 14 de agosto) – Dr. Wagner Jr. venció a Silver King y Vampiro". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). August 15, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- Carrillo, Omar (October 2, 2010). "Resultados 1ro. de octubre – AAA "Héroes Inmortales IV" – Legado AAA, Mesías, Wagner, Aerostar y 187 ganan sus respectivos encuentros". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- "Vuelve Premier, ¡con todo!" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2010-11-29.[dead link]
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (2010-11-16). "AAA Campeonato premier (resultados 15 de noviembre) Dr. Wagner Jr. y El Zorro vencieron a Jack Evans y Chessman". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (November 28, 2010). "AAA campeonato premier (resultados 28 de noviembre) Mesías es el nuevo campeón". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Beltrán, William (December 5, 2010). "AAA Guerra de Titanes 2010 (Cobertura y resultados 05 de Diciembre de 2010) – Charly Manson aparece y se une a Los Bizzaros – El Zorro NUEVO Megacampeón AAA". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Solo uno dominó el Kaoz: Xtreme Tiger". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. March 18, 2011. Retrieved March 19, 2011.[dead link]
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (May 18, 2011). "De último momento: ¡¡¡LA Park vs Mesías, máscara vs cabellera en Triplemania 19!!!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (June 17, 2011). "Triplemania XIX (Cobertura y resultados 18 de Junio de 2011) – LA Park vs El Mesias Mascara vs Cabellera, TNA invade Triple A". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved June 18, 2011.
- "Verano de Escándalo 2011: La Lucha Libre Está que Arde" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. August 1, 2011. Retrieved September 10, 2011.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (October 9, 2011). "AAA Héroes Inmortales (Cobertura y resultados 9 de Octubre de 2011) – Mesias y Sting empatan y unen sus fuerzas contra Konnan, Jarrett y sus aliados, Wagner gana pero Octagón y La Parka lo traicionan, los perros pierden las cabelleras". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (December 16, 2011). "AAA Guerra de Titanes 2011 (Cobertura y resultados 16 de diciembre de 2011) – La Park vence a Dr. Wagner y es el nuevo Campeón Latinoamericano AAA, Los luchadores del "Consejo" toman AAA / #SLGuerradeTitanes". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (March 18, 2012). "AAA Rey de Reyes (Cobetura y Resultados 18 de marzo de 2012) – ¿Quien ganara el torneo Rey de Reyes 2012?". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "Mesías fuera tres meses" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. April 25, 2012. Retrieved April 27, 2012.
- "En Toluca, Mesías listo para Triplemanía XX" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. July 14, 2012. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (August 5, 2012). "Triplemania XX "El día ha llegado" (Cobertura y resultados 5 de agosto de 2012) – Máscara vs máscara: Dr. Wagner vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr. – ¡Kurt Angle en México!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Mexicool, Rey (December 2, 2012). "Guerra de Titanes 2012: Texano Jr., nuevo Megacampeón AAA". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Beltrán, William (March 17, 2013). "¡El Mesías es el Nuevo #ReydeReyes!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- "Héroes Inmortales VII: Noche de Honor y Sorpresas" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. October 19, 2013. Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- "La Nueva Sociedad Ataca en Guerra de Titanes" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. December 9, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Noche de Leyenda en Triplemanía XXII". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). August 18, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- David Rivera (2007-02-28). "WSX: Resultados Programa #4". Lucha Libre Online. Archived from the original on 2007-03-10. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- "Amidst network turmoil and qualms over content, MTV pulls Wrestling Society X from the air, complete details". PWInsider. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "TNA: Nueva promo de la llegada de Banderas". Archived from the original on 2008-02-01. Retrieved 2007-07-23.
- Rob McCormick (2007-10-03). "Wrestling – Judas Mesias". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- Cygy, Marcus (2007-09-20). "iMPACT! Results – 9/20/07 (Christian Cage/Junior Fatu, Judas Mesias)". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "El Mesías Fuera de Acción". SuperLuchas. 2007-09-21. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- Martin, Adam (2007-12-14). "Impact Results – 12/13/07 (Daniels fired, 2-on-1 main event, & more)". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- Martin, Adam (2008-01-06). "Final Resolution PPV Results – 1/6 – Orlando, FL (Angle vs Cage, more)". WrestleView. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- Martin, Adam (2008-02-10). "Against All Odds PPV Results – 2/10 – Greenville, SC ('Angle vs. Cage')". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- Santiago, Andres (2013-03-19). "TNA World Cup PPV spoilers from Orlando". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- Namako, Jason (2013-03-19). "Spoilers: TNA Hardcore Justice 2 PPV Taping". WrestleView. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- McGyver (2009-11-26). "Cerca la llegada de Banderas a WWC" (in Spanish). Puerto Rico Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-11-29.[dead link]
- McGyver (2009-11-28). "Oficial: Banderas vs. Carlito en enero" (in Spanish). Puerto Rico Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-11-29.[dead link]
- "Aniversario WWC en Bayamón 7/11" (in Spanish). Puerto Rico Wrestling. 2010-07-11. Archived from the original on 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Piñeiro, Anthony (January 9, 2011). "Resultados: Euphoria 2011 – Mesías se corona Campeón Universal- Mascarita Dorada vence a Pierrothito- MVP en Puerto Rico – Shane the Glamour Boy regresa a WWC...". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- Piñeiro, Anthony (April 3, 2011). "Resultados: Juicio Final 2011 Coliseo de Toa Baja- Ricky Banderas logra vencer a Ray Fénix – Tua despoja a Escobar del Campeonato Mundial de la IWA – Inicia nueva riña entre Diabólico y Chris Ángel". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved April 3, 2011.
- "Wagner vuelve a ganar con ayuda" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. 2009-10-31. Archived from the original on 2009-11-03. Retrieved 2009-11-02.
- "TNA Final Resolution Recap (AJ Decides!)". Online World of Wrestling. 2008-01-07. Retrieved 2009-12-15.[dead link]
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated 500 – 2008: 26 Mesías". Pro Wrestling Illustrated (Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States: Sports and Entertainment publications LLC). August 2008. p. 53. October 2008.
- "Wrestler Profiles: Judas Mesias". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- "Themes". Cagematch. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Judas Mesías Theme 07 (Ave Vampire) Mix 3". The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- Aquino, Andrés (December 21, 2013). "Mesías tiene un nuevo campeonato". R de Rudo (in Spanish). Blogger. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- "AAA World Heavyweight Title". Wrestling Titles. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- "AAA- Guerra de Titanes (Resultados en vivo 11 diciembre 2009) – El Mesías venció a Dr. Wagner – Konnan y su gente destrozan a Cibernético" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. December 11, 2009. Retrieved December 12, 2009.
- "IWA World Heavyweight Title (Puerto Rico)". Wrestling Titles. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- "IWA Intercontinental Heavyweight Title (Puerto Rico)". Wrestling Titles. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- "IWA World Tag Team Title (Puerto Rico)". Wrestling Titles. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- "IWA World Hardcore Title (Puerto Rico)". Wrestling Titles. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Clark, Ryan (2008-09-18). "The Complete 'PWI 500' List For 2008". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. WrestlingInc.com. Retrieved 2009-03-12.