Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
|Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long|
Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long's Title Card
|Directed by||William Hanna
|Voices of||Don Messick
|Theme music composer||Hoyt Curtin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||23|
|Running time||7 Minutes Per Short|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions|
|Original channel||First-Run Syndication|
|Original run||January 14, 1964– December 4, 1965|
|Related shows||The Magilla Gorilla Show
Peter Potamus and his Magic Flying Balloon
Ricochet Rabbit (voiced by Don Messick) worked as a sheriff in a Western setting called Hoop 'n' Holler. Ricochet would bounce off stationary objects yelling "Ping-ping-ping!" His deputy Droop-a-Long Coyote (voiced by Mel Blanc impersonating Ken Curtis) was not as fast and was very clumsy.
In addition to his speed, which enabled him to outrun bullets, Ricochet used trick bullets against his opponents, including a bullet that would stop in mid-flight and strike the target with an impossibly oversized mallet, and another which would draw a target on his nose and punch it.
Ricochet Rabbit's catchphrase was "Ping, ping, PING!", followed by his name.
|1||Atchison, Topeka, & Sam Jose|
|2||Good Little Bad Guy||Credited Animators: Kenneth Muse, George Goepper|
|3||Cradle Robber||Credited Animators: Kenneth Muse, George Goepper|
|4||West Pest||Credited Animators: George Goepper, Kenneth Muse|
|5||TV Show||Credited Animators: George Goepper, Kenneth Muse|
|6||Annie Hoaxley||Credited Animators: Kenneth Muse, George Goepper|
|7||School Daze||Credited Animator: Irv Spence|
|8||Sheepy Wolf||Credited Animators: George Nicholas, George Goepper|
|9||Big Thinker||Credited Animators: Jerry Hathcock, Ed Parks, Don Patterson|
|10||Two Too Many||Credited Animators: George Nicholas, George Goepper|
|11||Bad Guys Are Good Guys|
|12||Itchy-Finger Gun Slinger|
|14||Slick Quick Gun|
|16||Will 'O The Whip|
|17||Cactus Ruckus||Credited Animators: Carlo Vinci, Hugh Fraser|
|19||El Loco, Loco, Loco, Loco, Diablo|
|20||Big Town Show Down|
|22||Red Riding Ricochet|
- Ricochet Rabbit and Droop-a-Long were seen in Yogi's Ark Lark.
- Ricochet Rabbit and Droop-a-Long were seen in opening title Yogi's Gang.
- Ricochet Rabbit made some appearances in Yogi's Treasure Hunt.
- Ricochet Rabbit as a picture made a cameo in the "Agent Penny" episode of the Super Secret Secret Squirrel segment of 2 Stupid Dogs.
- Ricochet Rabbit appears in the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law episode "X Gets the Crest" voiced by Mark Hamill, Droop-a-Long also makes a cameo.
In popular culture
||This section may contain excessive, poor, or irrelevant examples. (October 2014)|
||Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. (October 2014)|
- In a Magilla Gorilla cartoon, Magilla (dressed as The Purple Mask) references Ricochet Rabbit by saying "I learned this trick from, Bing, Bing, BING! Ricochet Rabbit!"
- MF Doom references Ricochet Rabbit on the Dangerdoom track called "Bada Bing". It is on the album The Mouse and the Mask.
- Ghostface Killah references Ricochet Rabbit and Droop-a-Long in the song "The Forest" from Bulletproof Wallets.
- Madchild references Ricochet Rabbit in the song "Crazy" from Lawnmower Man.
- The tenth episode of the sixth season of Dexter is entitled "Ricochet Rabbit."
- Ricohet Rabbit's gun sound effects are heard in the song, Wild Wild West.