Ridge Racer V
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Ridge Racer V|
This is a North American box art of Ridge Racer V.
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 2
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
|Arcade system||Namco System 246|
Racing on RRV subdivides into different race formats.
Grand Prix has two formats: Standard and Extra. The GP names depend on the difficulty you select (Easy, Medium or Hard) at the start of the game.
In Standard, the player races factory stock cars from the various manufacturers, racing in 4 races. There is one GP in the Standard class.
A special race is unlocked after the player fulfils certain requirements. The Pac-Man GP runs with the iconic Namco character Pac-Man in a roadster and the 4 Ghosts Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde on scooters.
Duel mode is a boss battle mode in the game. Bosses are mostly known by the letter R ('Rival') next to their name and 1st place records (separately) in both Beginner and Advanced class Time Attack records.
In order to challenge a Boss, both time records need to be beaten with using both Beginner and Advanced class cars with the manufacturer of your choice (as aforementioned in the 'Regular Cars' section). After all 4 bosses are defeated in Duel mode, Battle Royal mode is unlocked, allow you to choose any boss cars and challenge all 4 bosses in a race (including ones you have selected).
The motto for this boss battle mode is "There are only two kinds of racers in this battle: a winner and a loser".
Ridge Racer V: Arcade Battle
Ridge Racer V: Arcade Battle, the arcade port of Ridge Racer V, first appeared in 2001 for the Namco System 246 arcade platform. The arcade version has some features such as Duel, Free Run and Pac-Man GP removed. It is the last Ridge Racer for arcade platform until the Pachislot Ridge Racer, which was a pachislot game released seven years later. The Ridge Racer arcade games were replaced by Mario Kart Arcade GP and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series.
- Fogbound by the Boom Boom Satellites
- DRFTDVL by Takeshi Ueda (THE MADCAPSULEMARKETS) (not released on soundtrack)
- DareDevil by Kohta
- RareHero2000 by sanodg
- TsuiTsui by U
- Euphoria by Kohta
- Paris by sanodg
- LOLO 1010 by U
- Gammon by U
- Samurai Rocket by Kohta (with some remix from Genpei Tōma Den)
- HydroPrism by U
- GripMillenium by Kohta
- Burnout by Mijk van Dijk
- Junx by Kohta (remixed by Mijk van Dijk)
- PowerSlide by Mijk van Dijk
- Nightride by Mijk van Dijk
- Electroglide by Mijk van Dijk
- MotorPac5 by Kisaburo
- On The Painted Desert (Vocal Mix feat. Dice) by the Boom Boom Satellites (Music for end credits, not used during racing or on the released soundtrack)
- プレイステーション2 - リッジレーサーV. Weekly Famitsu. No.915 Pt.2. Pg.55. 30 June 2006.
- Namco Ridge Racer V site
- Ridge Racer V: Arcade Battle at the Killer List of Videogames
- IGN page for Ridge Racer V
- IGN guide for Ridge Racer V
- Ridge Racer V at MobyGames