Ridgefield Township, Huron County, Ohio
|Ridgefield Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.4 km2)|
|• Land||25.6 sq mi (66.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||712 ft (217 m)|
|• Density||93.3/sq mi (36.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086357|
Ridgefield Township is one of the nineteen townships of Huron County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,390 people in the township, 957 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located on the northern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Oxford Township, Erie County - north
- Milan Township, Erie County - northeast corner
- Norwalk Township - east
- Bronson Township - southeast corner
- Peru Township - south
- Sherman Township - southwest corner
- Lyme Township - west
- Groton Township, Erie County - northwest corner
Name and history 
It is the only Ridgefield Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Huron County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- DeLorme. (2004). Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.