From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up riding in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Riding is a homonym of two distinct English words:
From the word ride:
- Equestrianism, riding a horse
- Riding animal, an animal bred or trained for riding
- Riding hall, a building designed for indoor horse riding
- Ridin', a song by Chamillionaire
From Old English *þriðing:
- Riding (country subdivision), an administrative division of a county, or similar district
- Electoral district (Canada), a Canadian term for an electoral district
- Riding association, Canadian political party organization at the riding level
- Riding officer, a name once used for customs officials who patrolled for smugglers on beaches and other informal landing spots
- Common Riding, an event celebrated in some Scottish towns to commemorate the guarding the boundaries of the town's common land by local men
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.