Riessersee is a German lake located in southwest Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The lake itself hosted the ice hockey and speed skating events for the 1936 Winter Olympics. Adjacent to the lake, the bobsleigh event took place.
Bobsleigh track 
Originally constructed in 1910, the track was renovated in 1933 and was 1,525 m (5,003 ft) long. Costing RM 155,000 to complete, the track was used for the 1936 Games. Having seven different seating locations, the track could seat 17,940 and the events were sold out during competition. The track was demolished in 1966. Remnants of the track can be seen on sleigh rides near the lake.
||Vertical drop (start to finish)
||Average grade (%)
No turn names are given for the track.
Besides the 1936 Winter Games, it also hosted the FIBT World Championships in 1934 (four-man), 1938 (four-man), 1953, and 1962.
NOTE: During the Olympic Games, venues that have naming rights sold may not use their name during the Olympic Games.
- 1920: Palais de Glace d'Anvers
- 1924: Stade Olympique de Chamonix
- 1928: St. Moritz Olympic Ice Rink
- 1932: Olympic Arena (final), Olympic Stadium
- 1936: Olympia-Kunsteisstadion (final), Riessersee
- 1948: Kulm, Olympic Stadium (final), Suvretta
- 1952: Dæhlenenga, Jordal Amfi (final), Kadettangen, Lillestrøm stadion, Marienlyst stadion
- 1956: Apollonino Stadium, Lo Stadio del ghiaccio
- 1960: Blyth Arena (final), Squaw Valley Olympic Skating Rink
- 1964: Messehalle, Olympiahalle
- 1968: La Patinoire Municipale, Le Stade de Glace
- 1972: Makomanai Ice Arena (final), Tsukisamu Indoor Skating Rink
- 1976: Messehalle, Olympiahalle (final)
- 1980: Olympic Center
- 1984: Skenderija II Hall, Zetra Ice Hall (final)
- 1988: Father David Bauer Olympic Arena, Olympic Saddledome (final), Stampede Corral
- 1992: Méribel Ice Palace
- 1994: Gjøvik Olympic Cavern Hall, Håkon Hall (final)
- 1998: Aqua Wing, Big Hat (final)
- 2002: E Center (final), Peaks Ice Arena
- 2006: Palasport Olimpico (final), Torino Esposizioni
- 2010: Rogers Arena (final), UBC Thunderbird Arena
- 2014: Bolshoy Ice Dome (final), Shayba Arena
- 2018: Union Hockey Centre (final), Kwandong University Arena