|Fate||acquired by Oracle Corporation|
|Founded||Bozeman, Montana (1997)|
|Key people||Greg Gianforte, founder|
|Products||Customer relationship management software|
Oraclerevenue = US$185.5 million (2010)
RightNow Technologies, Inc. was a U.S. software company that developed customer relationship management (CRM) software for enterprise organizations. It was incorporated in Delaware and headquartered in Bozeman, Montana. The company has been absorbed into Oracle and is now known as Oracle RightNow.
The company was founded in 1997 by Greg Gianforte in Bozeman, Montana. Additional offices have opened in California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Texas, Illinois, Washington, DC, Colorado, Canada, Europe, Australia and Asia. The company employs over 1000 people worldwide.
RightNow is primarily known for its business model of offering its software as a hosted service in the cloud. As of November 2009, the company has nearly 2000 customers, including Bowers & Wilkins, Australia Post, British Airways, Iomega, Continental Tire NA, Linksys, Nikon, British Telecom, Motorola, Black and Decker, Bank of New Zealand, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Department of Education, the Social Security Administration, Australian National University, the University of South Florida, Intuit, Telstra, Fandango, and Columbia University.
Greg Gianforte started the company in 1997 without external capital and created a software product that was initially focused on customer service with an integrated knowledge base. As the company grew, it added marketing and sales functionality, voice automation, customer feedback management, analytics and a social platform to its product, creating a full customer experience suite.
In 2009, RightNow Technologies acquired social networking company HiveLive.
In 2011, the company acquired Q-go for $34 million. Q-go was founded in 1999. It specialized in semantic search SaaS, based on natural language processing technology, providing relevant answers to queries on a company’s Internet website or corporate intranet, formulated in natural sentences or keyword input alike. It integrated automatic statistical reporting of user query behavior for businesses that want to monitor what kinds of questions their customers are asking so they can adjust content to provide the appropriate information for customers and to reduce the load on traditional customer service ports of call, such as call centers and answers by email. The technology has been implemented and deployed in a range of industries, including banking, insurance, pension, telecommunications and logistics, as well as several government agencies.
Products and partners
The main product offered by RightNow Technologies is RightNow CX, a customer experience suite. RightNow CX is divided into RightNow Web Experience, RightNow Social Experience, RightNow Contact Center Experience, and RightNow Engage.
RightNow had an extensive partner network including Solution Partners, Contact Center Partners, Implementation Partners, and Technology partners. Major solution partners included IBM, CapGemini, and Deloitte. Major technology partners included Birst for business intelligence. AmberLeaf was used as a systems integrator.
- Savitz, Eric (October 24, 2011). "Oracle To Buy RightNow For $43/Shr Or $1.5 Billion". Forbes. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "Oracle to buy RightNow for $1.5 billion". Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- RightNow - About. January 30, 2011. http://www.rightnow.com/company-about.php
- RightNow Worldwide locations http://www.rightnow.com/company-world-wide.php
- RightNow grows to more than 1,000 employees http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/article_fba085d8-2f35-11e0-baee-001cc4c002e0.html#user-comment-area
- RightNow Client Directory http://www.rightnow.com/clients-directory.php
- Dignan, Larry (8 September 2009). "RightNow acquires social networking company HiveLive". zdnet.com. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- The Wall Street Journal. "RightNow To Acquire Q-Go For $34M, Boosts 4Q View." January 18, 2011. http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110118-714950.html Archived from the original January 25, 2011.
- RightNow CX Suite http://www.rightnow.com/cx-suite.php
- Official website
- RightNow Business Statistics
- CRM Buyer's interview with RightNow CEO
- Start with Nothing - Inc.com article
- Birst partner profile
- Deloitte partner profile
- Company Website
- CrunchBase Profile
- LinkedIn Profile
- Microsoft Case Study about Doubling ISV’s Revenue
- SDL Tridion Integrates Q-go Natural Language Search into Web Content Management
- Q-Go / Tridion integration provided by *SDL Tridion
- Q-go Case Study: Intuitive Language Software Automatically Answers 90 Per Cent of Customer Questions Profile provided by Peter de Haas
- Profile provided by Prime Technology Ventures
- Review of Chatbots and Semantic Search Technologies provided by CRMBuyer