Right to Recall
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
"Right To Recall (RTR)" is a proposed law in India that would allow citizens to replace public servants holding key posts in the government.
Proposed by a Non Registered group called Right to Recall Group this law will reduce corruption and give more power to the citizens.
|1||Collector or his clerk)||The President hereby orders Collector that : if a woman voter or dalit voter or senior citizen voter or poor voter or farmer voter or any citizen-voter in his district submits a Right to Information application or complaint against corruption or any affidavit to the Collector and requests to be put on the website of Prime Minister, the Collector or his designated clerk will issue a serial number and put that affidavit on the website of the Prime Minister for a fee of Rs 20 per page.|
|2||Talati, Patwari, Village Officer (or his clerk)||The President orders Patwari that :
(2.1) if any citizen-voter comes with voter ID, and specifies Yes-No on an RTI application, complaint or any affidavit submitted in above cluase-1, the Patwari will enter his Yes-No on the PM’s website with his voter-ID and give a printed receipt for Rs 3 fee. (2.2) The Patwari will also allow citizen to change his Yes-No for Rs 3 fee. (2.3) The fee will be Re 1 for BPL card holder (2.4) The Collector may create system of sending SMS feedback to voters (2.5) The Collector may create a system of taking finger-print and picture of the voter and putting it on the receipt. (2.6) The PM may create a system where by citizens can register YES/NO via ATM using ATM-cards for a charge 50 paise (2.7) PM may enable citizens to register YES/NO via SMS for 5 paise
|3||[To all Citizens, Officers, Ministers …]||(3.1) This TCP GN is not a referendum procedure. The Yes-No count will not be a binding on PM, CMs, officers, judges etc. If over 37 crore women voters, dalit voters, senior citizen voters, poor voters, farmer voters or ANY 37 crore citizen-voters register Yes on a given affidavit, then the PM may or need not take necessary action on the affidavit ; may print it in Gazette or the PM may or need not resign. PM’s decision will be final.
(3.2) Further, the Collector may design and propose a system to collect Yes-No in clause-2 over SMS, and implement after approval of PM.
Following is the description of one of the most important Govt Order Right to Recall Group propose-demand and promise to fix the corruption of India - Right to Recall Lokpal
1. Any citizen of India can pay a deposit same as MP election to the district collector and register himself as a candidate for LOKPAL CHAIRPERSON
2. Any citizen of India can walk to Talati’s office, pay Rs 3 fee, approve at most five persons for LOKPAL CHAIRPERSON position. The Talati will give him a receipt with his voter-id# and the persons he approved. (With coming of Secure sms system/ATM system, the cost will be few paise)
3. A citizen can cancel his approvals any day as well.
4. The Talati will put the preferences of the citizen on Lokpal’s website with citizen’s voter-ID number and his preferences.
5. If a candidate gets approval of over 24 crore citizen voters and one crore more than existing lokpal, then existing LOKPAL CHAIRPERSON may resign and appoint the person with highest approval as LOKPAL CHAIRPERSON.
These procedures can also be used by citizens to RETAIN and bring back an honest person if he has been wrong fully been removed by some authority and also to REJECT a dishonest person.
Similar will be the draft for other posts at national/state level like PM, CM, ministers, RBI governor, Supreme Court Judges etc. Just replace the word `lokpal` with PM, CM etc. And the threshold level given in point no. 5 will vary with the post and will be finalised via Transparent Complaint Procedure via majority approval of voters.
History of Right to Recall
The right to recall is a new idea which can be implemented in India,the worl'd largest democracy.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)|