|Danielle Riley Keough|
May 29, 1989 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Danielle Riley Keough (// KEE-oh; born May 29, 1989), known professionally as Riley Keough, is an American actress. She is the daughter of singer-songwriter Lisa Marie Presley and Danny Keough, the eldest grandchild of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, as well as the former step-daughter of Michael Jackson, who was married to her mother from 1994 to 1996, and of Nicolas Cage, who was married to her mother from 2002 to 2004.
In 2010 at the age of 20, Keough starred in the independent biopic The Runaways based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name. Keough portrayed the role of Marie Currie, the sister to Cherie Currie, the band's lead singer, portrayed by Dakota Fanning. The film also starred Kristen Stewart and Tatum O'Neal and premiered in 2010 at the Sundance Film Festival to favorable reviews. The film went on to make over $4 million worldwide but failed to surpass the film's $10 million budget.
In April 2011, Keough starred as the female lead in the drama The Good Doctor alongside Orlando Bloom and Taraji P. Henson. Keough portrayed Diane Nixon, a young patient with a kidney infection who's kept ill in order to make her doctor gain the respect he craves. The film received mixed reviews from critics.
In May 2010, she replaced actress Olivia Thirlby as the protagonist in the werewolf drama Jack & Diane alongside Juno Temple who portrays her lesbian love interest. Filming took place in New York City, and in May 2011 Magnolia Pictures picked up the film for distribution and set its release in November 2012.
In September 2011, Keough joined the Steven Soderbergh film Magic Mike, alongside Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey and Alex Pettyfer, about a group of male strippers. Keough portrayed the role of Nora, a young stripper. The film was released in June 2012.
In August 2010, it was announced that Keough was to star in the independent drama Yellow alongside Sienna Miller, Luke Wilson and David Morse. The film is yet to have an official release date. Also that month, Keough was in talks to star in Mad Max: Fury Road the fourth installment of the Mad Max series which has been in development hell for twenty-five years. In August 2010, Keough was confirmed to have signed on, with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron confirmed to star. After lengthy production delays, filming finally began in Namibia in the summer of 2012.
On October 29, 2013, Justin Timberlake premiered his music video for "TKO". Riley co-starred in the video, portraying a bitter girlfriend who knocks out Timberlake and ties him to the back of a pick-up truck. She then proceeds to drag him through the desert and throws him off a cliff.
Through her maternal grandfather, Elvis Presley, Keough's ancestry includes Scots-Irish, French Norman, Cherokee, and German. She has one brother, Benjamin Storm Keough, and two half-sisters, twins Finley Aaron Love Lockwood and Harper Vivienne Ann Lockwood from her mother's marriage to Michael Lockwood. She was formerly in a relationship with actor Alex Pettyfer, to whom she was briefly engaged.
|2010||The Runaways||Marie Currie|
|2011||The Good Doctor||Diane Nixon|
|Jack & Diane||Jack|
|Kiss of the Damned||TBA||Post-Production|
|TBA||Mad Max: Fury Road||Capable||Filming|
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (April 2014)|
- "Elvis Presley granddaughter Danielle Riley... | Gather". Celebs.gather.com. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "The Runaways (2010)". Box Office Mojo. 2010-06-03. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Published Tuesday, Feb 2 2010, 4:17am EST (2010-02-02). "Orlando Bloom to head 'Good Doctor' cast - Movies News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "The Good Doctor". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Bendix, Trish (2010-05-26). ""Jack and Diane" trades out Olivia Thirlby for Riley Keough". AfterEllen.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-20. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Magnolia Picks Up Juno Temple & Riley Keough Film 'Jack and Diane'". FirstShowing.net. 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Photos of Riley Keough's new movie Jack and Diane, with Juno Temple and Kylie Minogue | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Doty, Meriah (2012-06-27). "Riley Keough gets personal and professional in ‘Magic Mike’ | Movie Talk - Yahoo! Movies". Movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Morse, Wilson, Azaria and Keough Join Yellow". ComingSoon.net. 2010-08-30. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Yellow (2012) - IMDb
- "Riley Keough in talks for Mad Max 'Fury Road' film | Film & TV News". Nme.Com. 2010-08-12. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Riley Keough Joining the Growing Cast of Mad Max: Fury Road". FirstShowing.net. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Mad Max: Fury Road Set Photos Prove It's In Production". CinemaBlend.com. 2012-07-04. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Robert Pattinson Pal Riley Keough in Hot New Lingerie Ad (photos!)". theimproper.com. 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Justin Timberlake - TKO". YouTube. October 29, 2013. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- Dundy 2004, pp. 13, 16, 20–22, 26.
- Kamphoefner 2009, p. 33.
- "Harper & Finley Lockwood = Lisa Marie Presley's Twins!". ElvisPresley.com.au. October 12, 2008.
- "Alex Pettyfer Engaged To Riley Keough: REPORT". Huffington Post. 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2012-03-14.