||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2012)|
|Traded as||NYSE: RNG|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, USA|
|Key people||Vlad Shmunis, CEO|
|Products||Cloud computing based business phone systems|
RingCentral provides cloud computing based phone systems, designed to help small businesses manage mobile, fax, and email communications. Its products include RingCentral Office, RingCentral Mobile, and RingCentral Fax.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral has approximately 1,100 employees. It was founded in 2003 by Vlad Shmunis who previously started Ring Zero Systems. RingCentral was funded by Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, and DAG Ventures.
RingCentral provides a cloud-based business phone system accessed through the Web, or handsets, delivered through an Internet connection to offer small and midsize PBX features, such as call control, extensions, Outlook integration for dialing and faxing, hold music, call logs, and rules-based call routing and answering.
RingCentral Office is an Internet-based phone service for small businesses. It can be used to connect teams in different locations.
RingCentral Touch is a cloud-based platform for phone systems that provides management capabilities from tablets or smartphones, which includes customizable settings for administrators and users along with business extension access from iOS or Android mobile devices.
RingCentral Mobile provides a local or toll-free number that connects their existing phone lines as virtual extensions. Features include call forwarding and answering rules. Users can also receive calls, transmit faxes, and listen to voicemail through an online account.
RingCentral Connect integrates with Dropbox, Box and Google Docs, enabling customers to fax documents stored in their favorite cloud application, directly from their RingCentral service and allows users to send and receive faxes through the Internet without a fax machine. Users can transmit documents online, sign and edit their faxes digitally, and receive text and email alerts when a new fax arrives.
RingCentral was named a 2010 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. Explaining what makes the company a pioneer, the World Economic Forum states, "RingCentral has radically changed the cost structure for business phone systems from tens of thousands of dollars to as low as US$ 10 a month and is delivering these services in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom."
PC Magazine awarded RingCentral with an Editor’s Choice Award in 2008. RingCentral also won the 2009 Product of the Year Award from Internet Telephony Magazine and was named a 2009 Webware 100 award winner.
- "RingCentral About Us Executive Team Leadership". Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- "RingCentral About Us". Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Alex Williams (September 29, 2013). "Cloud-Based Phone Service RingCentral To Debut At $13 On NYSE, Offering 7.5M Shares To Raise $97.5M". Tech Crunch. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- Jeremy C. Owens and Peter Delevett (September 27, 2013). "RingCentral rings investors' bell, stock rises after $97.5 million IPO". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- Callahan, Renee Hopkins (December 9, 2008). "Businesses Move To Voice-Over-IP". Forbes. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Leena Rao, TechCrunch. "RingCentral Launches New Mobile, Cloud-Based Phone System For Businesses." Apr 18, 2012. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Sean Ludwig, VentureBeat. "RingCentral integrates with Dropbox, Box, Google to bring faxing to the cloud." March 21, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "Embracing Disruption: Redesigning the Future / The World Economic Forum’s Technology Pioneers 2010", World Economic Forum, retrieved 2010-08-31
- Rist, Oliver (January 7, 2008). "RingCentral DigitalLine VoIP Service". PC Magazine. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Linask, Erik (February 2010). "2009 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Awards". TMCnet.com. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- "Webware 100 Winners!". CNET. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Bradley, Tony (June 23, 2010). Managing Smartphones in Your Business. The Washington Post
- Buckman, Rebecca (March 4, 2008). Internet Phone Service Gets Plush. The Wall Street Journal
- Dahl, Darren (May 1, 2008). Clip Here and Save Big: How to trim your IT budget without making sacrifices. Inc.
- Diaz, Sam (November 17, 2009). Ring Central: a virtual phone system for a 21st Century workforce. ZDNet
- Enderle, Rob (July 20, 2009). Could the Cloud Kill the PBX? IT Business Edge
- Fahmy, Dalia (January 28, 2009). Financing, With Strings Attached. The New York Times
- Hamilton, Charles (October 28, 2009). RingCentral Office: Comprehensive Internet-based Phone Services. WebWorkerDaily
- Hesseldahl, Arik (August 11, 2009). Services That Eliminate Telephone Tag. Bloomberg Businessweek
- Hoge, Patrick (June 9, 2010). Ringtones in the Clouds. Portfolio.com
- Poe, Robert (September 26, 2007). RingCentral Makes Very Small Businesses Look Very Big. VoIP News
- Shah, Praful (December 2, 2009). Is the Traditional Office Becoming Extinct? VentureBeat