|Founded||Santa Monica, California, USA (2006)|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Jim Cox: Co-founder and CEO
Michael Fry: Co-founder and President
RingTales is an animation production company that creates short online cartoons from existing print comics.
RingTale's flagship series, The New Yorker Animated Cartoons, was nominated for a 2008 Webby Awards for Online Animation. RingTales is known for their production of online cartoons. Ringtales is owned by Jim Cox, who was a feature animation producer at DreamWorks. It is also owned by Michael Fry, who is the co-creator of “Over the Hedge”. In the year of 2010, Michael Fry announced that there was going to be behind-the-scenes interviews with the cartoonists of his animation studio. The cartoonists that would be interviewed include the following: Stephan Pastis ("Pearls Before Swine"), Richard Thompson ("Cul de Sac"), Mark Tatulli ("Lio"), Paul Gilligan ("Pooch Cafe"), and Bob Mankoff (New York Cartoonist comic editor). RingTales has launched a new iPhone/iPod Touch app that features the animated New Yorker cartoons. RingTales is known for its animations for print comics that is available for all digital media. This production company has the exclusive right to animate Dilbert, The New Yorker Animated Cartoons, Pearls Before Swine, Over the Hedge and various other comics.
List of series
- The New Yorker Animated Cartoons
- Open Season
- Dilbert Animated Cartoons
- Pooch Café
- Cul de Sac
- Over the Hedge
- Pearls Before Swine
- Cat Dog Stoop
- Baby Blues
- Sherman's Lagoon
- Get Fuzzy
... With others to be added soon.
- RingTales official website
- Dilbert official website
- The New Yorker Animated Cartoons website
- The New Yorker Animated Cartoons on MSN Video
- RingTales on YouTube
- "RingTales, Inc.". Powerhouse Animation™ Studios. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Cavna, Michael. "BEHIND THE SCENES: See 'Cul de Sac,' 'Pearls,' 'Lio' cartoonists offer peeks behind the creative curtain". The Washington Post. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "RINGTALES LAUNCHES NEW IPHONE APP FOR ANIMATED CARTOONS". The Daily Cartoonist. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Michael Fry". Animation Insider. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|