Ring Road (Pune)
Pune Ring Road is a proposed circular road for Pune city. This decision was taken on June 12, 2007 by Chief Minister of Maharashtra to avoid traffic congestion in the city of Pune. The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation and Pune Municipal Corporation are responsible to make necessary provisions for this plan. The total length of road is 161.73 kilometers. The total cost will be 104.08 billion (US$1.7 billion).
This project will be completed in four phases:
- Phase 1: Theur Phata (On NH 9) - Kesnand - Charoli - Wagholi - Bhavdi - Tulapur - Alandi - Kalegaon - Chimbli (On NH 50)
- Phase 2: Chimbli (On NH 50) - Moee - Nighoje - Sangurde - Shelarwadi - NH 4 - Shirgaon - Chandkhed - Pachne - Pimpoli - Rihe - Ghotawde - Pirangut.
- Phase 3: Pirangut - Urwade - Mutha Bhuli - Sangrun - Nigde - Khamgaon - Ghera - Sinhagad - Kalyan - Kondanpur - Khed Shivapur - NH 4.
- Phase 4: NH 4 -Khed Shivapur- Gogalwadi - Patharwadi - Bhivri - Kanifnath - Theur Phata (On NH 9)
- Project Details
- Total Length: 161.73 km.
- Total Cost: 104.08 billion (US$1.7 billion)
- Total Lanes on Road: 6.
- Service Lanes: 2 on both sides.
- Flyovers: 12.
- Rail Bridges: 4.
- Bridges: 7 overs Valleys.
- Subway Road: 14.
- Tunnels: 13.
- Ring Road (Pune) Presentation
- Dy CM cuts short meet over ring road
- Ring road project gets Pawar’s push
- Now, Urban development department to focus on traffic, transport woes
- Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation revives ring road plan
- Pune ring road gets a Pawar push
- Consultants for Ring Road in Pune