Rinko Kawauchi Hon FRPS (川内 倫子, Kawauchi Rinko, born 1972) is a Japanese photographer, shooting mostly in 6×6 format. Her work is characterized by a serene, poetic style, depicting the ordinary moments in life.
Kawauchi became interested in photography while studying at Seian College of Art and Design. She first worked in advertising for several years before embarking on a career as a fine art photographer. She was awarded an Honorary Fellowship of The Royal Photographic Society in 2012.
- Les Rencontres d'Arles festival, France (2004)
- Fondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain, Paris (2005)
- The Photographer's Gallery, London (2006)
- Museu de Arte Moderna de São Paulo, São Paulo (2007)
- Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, Brighton Photo Biennial, Brighton (2010)
- Hanako (2002)
- Utatane (2002)
- Hanabi (花火, Fireworks). Tokyo: Little More, 2002. ISBN 4-89815-053-5. No text. Color photographs of fireworks over buildings, over spectators, by themselves in the sky, and so forth.
- Aila (2004)
- The eyes, the ears (2005)
- Cui cui (2005)
- Semear (2007)
- Murmuration (2010)
- One Day (2010) -- One of the books in One Day Ten Photographers edited by Harvey Benge
- Illuminance (Aperture, 2011)
- Approaching Whiteness (Goliga, 2012)
- Ametuschi (Aperture, 2013)
- "Interview: RINKO KAWAUCHI - 川内倫子 - Photographer" (in Japanese). www.public-image.org. 2008-04-22. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "10 questions to Rinko Kawauchi about photography". http://pingmag.jp. 2006-08-11. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- Sooke, Alastair (2006-06-06). "Joyless, creepy - and sublime". The Daily Telegraph. "Her intimate imagery is worlds apart from that of her co-exhibitors: a newborn with umbilical cord still attached; a green shoot sprouting from a bulb; and, most startling, a cracked egg containing a fluffy hatchling. You come away from her gentle show refreshed."
- O'Hagan, Sean (2006-05-07). "Sublime to meticulousJapan's young master finds magic in bugs, clouds and trees". The Guardian. "Rinko Kawauchi's subject is the everyday sublime"
- See the notes on artists at the Fondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain.
- *London Town; "Rinko Kawauchi, 5 May - 9 July 2006, The Photographers' Gallery".
- Rinko Kawauch, Museu de Arte Moderna de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 20 jul-23 set 2007 
- Strange & Familiar: Three Views of Brighton, Brighton Photo Biennial 2010, Oct 2nd - Nov 14th 2010 
- Notes on artists at the Fondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain (Paris). Contains a short paragraph about Kawauchi.
- (Japanese) Kawauchi's camera phone photo diary.
- Interview with Rinko Kawauchi by Masakazu Takei, an editor and the representative of FOIL, a publisher in Tokyo.
- "Celebrated Japanese photographers come to London". British Journal of Photography online. 2009-05-12. Retrieved 2010-02-01.[dead link]