Rino Nakasone Razalan
|Rino Nakasone Razalan|
June 11, 1979
|Occupation||Dancer, choreographer, singer|
|Spouse(s)||LeeJ Razalan (m. 2007–12)|
|Associated acts||Beat Freaks, Harajuku Girls, Gwen Stefani, Britney Spears, Shinee, f(x), Girls' Generation|
|Official Youtube Channel|
Rino Nakasone Razalan (仲宗根 梨乃 or リノ・ナカソネ・ラザラン Nakasone Rino or Rino Nakasone Razaran?, born June 11, 1979) is a dancer and choreographer from Okinawa, Japan. Rino participated in America's Best Dance Crew Season 3, alongside the crew Beat Freaks.
Early life and career
Rino Nakasone was born in Okinawa on June 11, 1979. She became interested in dance after watching music videos by Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson and mimicking their moves. At the age of nineteen, she went to Los Angeles to study dance. She later taught dance at a performing arts centers, and joined an all-female dance group Beat Freaks, which competed and was runner-up in America's Best Dance Crew. She toured with Gwen Stefani as one of the Harajuku Girls, earning praise for her dance performance.
She started her career as a choreographer in 2008 with South Korean boy band Shinee's debut song, "Replay". In 2009, she worked with S.M. Entertainment's dance team to create the choreography for Girls' Generation's "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)".
Choreographies for S.M. Entertainment
- Sanso Gateun Neo (Love Like Oxygen)
- Lucifer (with Shim Jae-won)
- Your Number (Japanese single)
- Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) (with Shim Jae-won)
- Mr. Taxi (with Shim Jae-won)
- The Boys
- I Got a Boy (with NappyTabs and Jillian Meyers)
- Beep Beep
- Love & Girls
- Galaxy Supernova
- Love Frequency (with Maryss From Paris)
Rino Nakasone married Lee-J Razalan, the manager of Beat Freaks and a fellow dancer, in 2007. On May 6, 2012, She announced at her official Facebook account that she and her husband have decided to go their separate ways after five years of marriage. She thanked everyone that helped and supported them throughout the years. She assured everyone that they remained as friends.
|2015||Rino Nakasone-Razalan||Global Best Dancer-Actor||Won|
- "The Japanese Woman Behind K-Pop Bands' Moves". The Chosun Ilbo. September 5, 2009. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- Méndez, Blanca. "The 12 Coolest People in K-pop Right Now". MTV Iggy. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "少女時代、美脚ダンスの振り付け担当は日本人ダンサー・仲宗根梨乃". Nikkan Sports (in Japanese). October 20, 2010. Archived from the original on October 23, 2010. Retrieved February 28, 2015. English translation at Soshified.com
- Phillips, Jevon (March 18, 2010). "'America's Best Dance Crew': Darrin Henson, choreography and style". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Rino Nakasone, choreographer to the stars, is a Pussycat Doll". Korea JoongAng Daily. May 27, 2010. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- Lee, Andrew C. (May 27, 2010). "Rino Nakasone joins the Pussycat Dolls". Asia Pacific Arts (University of Southern California). Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- Choi Jun-yong (January 1, 2013). "소녀시대, 신곡 공개 동시 음원차트 1~10위 싹쓸이 '올킬'". Asia Economy Daily (in Korean). Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- Nguyen, Mai (November 19, 2012). "Dancing Across the World: an interview with choreographer Rino Nakasone". Asia Pacific Arts (University of Southern California). Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- Hsia, Heidi (January 19, 2015). "Raymond Lam wins Best Drama Actor". Cinema Online (Yahoo!). Retrieved February 28, 2015.