The Riodininae are the larger by far of the subfamilies of the metalmark butterfly family, Riodinidae. The latter was long united with the Lycaenidae.
A number of Riodininae genera are of uncertain affiliations. They might belong into the Helicopini, but this needs further study. Such genera incertae sedis are:
- ^ See Savela (2007) for references.
- Glassberg, Jeffrey Butterflies through Binoculars, The West (2001)
- Guppy, Crispin S. and Shepard, Jon H. Butterflies of British Columbia (2001)
- James, David G. and Nunnallee, David Life Histories of Cascadia Butterflies (2011)
- Pelham, Jonathan Catalogue of the Butterflies of the United States and Canada (2008)
- Pyle, Robert Michael The Butterflies of Cascadia (2002)