Created by the success of Ripley's Believe it or Not!, Ripley Entertainment Inc. is a large entertainment and edutainment holding company owned by the Jim Pattison Group. The company has its headquarters in an unincorporated part of southern Orange County, Florida, near Orlando, at an office complex near the intersection of Sand Lake Road and John Young Parkway.
Built on the foundation of a small daily newspaper cartoon drawn by Robert Ripley, which debuted in 1918, the company today operates over 90 attractions under a dozen brands worldwide.
For over 95 years, Ripley Entertainment has been a provider of family entertainment. The daily Believe It or Not! cartoon that catapulted Ripley to fame in the 1920s still runs in hundreds of newspapers in over forty countries and dozens of languages.
The 32 Ripley’s Believe It or Not! museums that house his collection of oddities span the globe and have entertained over 100 million guests since 1933.
- Guinness World Records Attractions
- Louis Tussaud's Wax Museums: In the summer of 2004, Ripley's bought out the Palace of Wax museum in Grand Prairie, Texas, rebranding it as the United States' first Tussauds'.
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada
- Ripley's Aquarium of Myrtle Beach
- Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! Odditoriums
- Ripley's Haunted Adventure
- Ripley's Mini-Golf and Arcade
- Ripley's Moving Theater
- Ripley's Sightseeing Trains
- Ripley's Mirror Maze
- Ripley's Davy Crockett Mini-Golf
- Ripley's Old McDonald Mini-Golf