From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ripper in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ripper may refer to:
- Jack the Ripper, a pseudonym given to an unidentified serial killer (or killers) active in the largely impoverished Whitechapel area and adjacent districts of London in the latter half of 1888
- The Yorkshire Ripper, the serial killer Peter Sutcliffe, who killed thirteen women in Yorkshire during the 1970s
- The Rostov Ripper, the serial killer Andrei Chikatilo
- Brandon Vedas, a man who died of a drug overdose on IRC
- Tim "Ripper" Owens, a heavy metal singer
- "Joel the Ripper", a nickname given to serial killer Joel Rifkin
- 'The Ripper' Paul Burchill, a professional wrestler based on Jack the Ripper
- Kirk "The Ripper" Hammett, Kirk Hammett is lead guitarist in the heavy metal band Metallica
- Ripper Jayanandan is a serial killer from Trichur, Kerala who is currently at large after being sentenced to death
- Ripper (video game), a computer game released in 1996 by Take-Two Interactive
- Ripper (Harry Potter), the name of Aunt Marge's bulldog in the Harry Potter series of novels
- Ripper, the fourth novel in Michael Slade's long-running Special X series
- Ripper (film), a 2001 horror film, starring A. J. Cook and Bruce Payne
- Ripper (television), a proposed spin-off series or made-for-TV movie from the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Rupert Giles, a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer who was also known as "Ripper"
- Rippers, a type of creature in the Metroid video game franchise
- A race of mutant kangaroo–human hybrids in the graphic novel and film Tank Girl
- 'Ripper', the villain played by Tom Noonan in the Arnold Schwarzenegger film Last Action Hero
- The RC-DS Remote Control Disc, or "Ripper", a weaponized power tool in the video game Dead Space' (video game)
- Ripper (G.I. Joe), a character in the G.I. Joe universe
- Ripper, a type of miniature chainsaw weapon in the game Fallout 3
- Ripper, a weapon in Unreal Tournament that launches circular razorblades
- General Jack D. Ripper, a character in the movie Dr. Strangelove, played by Sterling Hayden
- Raiden, a character from the Metal Gear franchise, has the alias of Jack the Ripper during his time as a child soldier in the Liberian civil war.
- Stefan Salvatore, a character from The Vampire Diaries who was also known as "Ripper"
- CD ripper, a piece of software that reads compact discs and extracts audio data and stores it in an audio format computer file
- DVD ripper, a computer application that copies the contents of a DVD to a hard disk
- John the Ripper, a password cracking tool
- A slater's tool with a blade and a hook, used for removing broken slate
- A moveable hard steel hook on the back of a bulldozer used to break up hard soil or pavement
- Ripper (hot dog), a variety of hot dog served in New Jersey
- Ripper (racquet), a patented racquetball racquet from Wilson Sporting Goods
- Ripper - Heavy metal band, and recording artists for Black Widow Records from Houston, Texas
- A well-known skateboard graphic from Powell Peralta
- A colloquialism for flatulence
- Australian slang for "fantastic"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.