Johnson with the Seahawks in the 2012 pre-season.
|No. 69 Washington Redskins|
|Date of birth:||February 23, 1989|
|Place of birth:||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||313 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Hammond (LA)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
Stats at NFL.com
Rishaw Kali Johnson (born February 23, 1989) is an American football offensive guard for the Washington Redskins. He attended California University of Pennsylvania in 2011, having transferred there from the University of Mississippi, where he played from 2008 to 2010. He signed as an undrafted free agent with the Seattle Seahawks in 2012.
A native of New Orleans, Louisiana, Johnson attended St. Augustine High School in his freshman and sophomore year, until Hurricane Katrina devastated the city in 2005. He was forced to move to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and played his junior season at Southern Laboratory School. He completed his high school career at Hammond High School in Hammond, Louisiana, where he was regarded as a four-star offensive line prospect. He chose Ole Miss over Florida State and Southern Miss.
After redshirting his initial year at Ole Miss, Johnson saw action in five games as a redshirt freshman in 2008. In 2009, he appeared in five games, with four starts, at right guard. After starting the season opener of his junior season, Johnson was dismissed from the Ole Miss squad for "violating team rules." He then transferred to California University of Pennsylvania, where he was a Division II All-American selection in 2011. Johnson played in the 2012 Senior Bowl and the 2012 East–West Shrine Game.
2012 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3⅜ in||313 lb||35¼ in||10¼ in||5.24 s||4.53 s||7.87 s||31½ in||9 ft 0 in||22 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Johnson was not drafted, and was signed by the Seattle Seahawks after the draft, and spent time on the practice squad. In late September, Johnson was brought in by the Chicago Bears for a workout, but was not signed.
In December 2012, Johnson was promoted from the Seahawks practice squad to their active roster.
Kansas City Chiefs
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants
- Rivals.com Profile
- Rishaw Johnson kicked off team
- NFL Combine Profile
- Biggs, Brad (2012-09-25). "Bears look at help for backfield". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- Alper, Josh (September 24, 2013). "With Jeff Allen hurting, Chiefs promote a guard from practice squad". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
- Patra, Kevin (August 21, 2014). "Rishaw Johnson acquired by Buccaneers from Chiefs". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Powell, Nick (November 25, 2014). "Giants sign Cincinnati Bengals practice squad linebacker Terrell Manning to the active roster". NJ.com. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
- Jones, Mike (December 23, 2014). "Trent Murphy placed on IR, OL Rishaw Johnson signed". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-12-23.