Rishi Patialvi (1917-1999), born Bam Dev Sharma, hailing from Hoshiarpur District (Punjab) was a popular Urdu poet belonging to Daagh Dehlvi’s lineage. He was a disciple of Naseem Noormahali who was a disciple of Labhu Ram Josh Malsiyani (1883-1976), a disciple of Mirza Khan Daagh Dehlvi. He died of a massive heart-attack on 26 December 1999 at Mumbai aged 82 years.
Five collections of his poems were published during the life-time of Rishi Patialvi, which are:-
- 1.Reg e Rawaan (1972) published by Biswin Sadi, New Delhi 184 pages
- 2.Phool unki Mukaanon ke (1978) published by Punjab Urdu Academy, Chandigarh 136 pages.
- 3.Roshani kitni (1979) published by Rishi Publishing House, New Delhi 196 pages.
- 4.Chir gaii Baton ki (1980) –do- 152 pages
- 5.Shafaq rang aansoo (1981) published by Nao bahaar Saabir, Patiala 328 pages
His other works which are in Urdu prose include Riaaz e naseem (1978), Jaize (1966) and Parto jamhoor (1976).
- "Urdu Authors: Date list as on 31-05-2006publisher=National Council for Promotion of Urdu, Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development".
- "A grand era ends". The Tribune, Chandigarh.
- "Open Library – Rishi Patialvi". Open Library.
- "Rishi Patialvi". World Cat Identities.