Rita Benson LeBlanc
Rita (Mae) Benson LeBlanc (born January 11, 1977) is Vice Chairman of the Board of the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League. She is the granddaughter of Tom Benson, the principal owner of the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans.
Born in Houma, Louisiana when her family lived in nearby Cut Off, she was raised on a ranch near Johnson City, Texas, where she attended Lyndon B. Johnson High School before receiving a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness at Texas A&M University. She began interning for the Saints and in various league offices while still in high school, and went to work for the Saints after college. In 2003 she took over management of the New Orleans VooDoo, the Arena Football League team also owned by Benson, and was named the indoor league's top executive. (The VooDoo ceased operations in 2008.) In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, she began to take on a more public role and greater responsibilities in the management of the Saints. She chairs the NFL Employee Benefits Committee, and she has been publicly identified as Tom Benson's intended successor as principal owner of the team. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/04/rita_benson_leblancs_conspicuo.html
- Maria C. Montoya, "The Saints' heir apparent Rita Benson LeBlanc has a nose for books, a passion for her BlackBerry, and an admitted grumpy streak", Times-Picayune, July 26, 2009.
- New Orleans Saints - Rita Benson LeBlanc at New Orleans Saints official website (accessed April 1, 2010).
- Granddaughter of Saints’ Boss Is Getting Ready to Call the Plays - New York Times
- Franz Lidz, "Rita's Hail Mary Pass"[dead link], Portfolio, September 17, 2007.
- Sue Stachan, "Persona: Rita Benson LeBlanc", New Orleans Magazine, September 2007.
- Tom Orsborn, "LeBlanc works her way up Saints’ ladder"[dead link], San Antonio Express-News, February 6, 2010.
- "Arena Football League's VooDoo folding", Associated Press in USA Today, October 13, 2008.
- James O'Byrne, "Rita Benson LeBlanc is climbing to the top of the Saints roster with hard work, not just pedigree", Times-Picayune, July 26, 2009.