|Associated acts||Mills Sisters|
Rita Mills was a singer from the Torres Strait Islands. She was previously part of the Mills Sisters with her sisters Cessa and Ina. She was born in 1934 on Naghir Island in Torres Strait. She lived on Thursday Island and during World War II was temporally evacuated to the mainland. After she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2000 she moved to Cairns, retiring in 2001 and she died in 2004.
- Blue Mountain (1999)
- Mata Nice (2000)
- Australian Associated Press General News, 28 March 2003, "Better late than never for Uncle Seaman" by Jordan Baker
- Sunday Herald Sun, 11 March 2001, "Rita calls it a day, at last." by Paul Stewart
- The Australian, 8 September 2001, "Northern Delights" by Cathy Pryor
- Cairns Post, 31 August 2001, "Sunnies select Cairns"
- The Australian, 13 December 2004, "Trailblazer sang Torres on to map" by Steve Connolly